Identify failed drive in new new ui

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillCardiff

Explorer
How do I identify a failed drive in the new UI ? I reverted back to the original UI to get the drive info, but would like to stick to the new UI.
I am on the nightly version, works great, very slick. I can see the failed drive notification, can't figure which button to click to show me ID.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Are you stating that you got a message stating something like "ada0 failed"? If you know the drive then you can use smartctl -a /dev/ada0 to get the drive serial number. I don't know about the new GUI, the version I have doesn't seem to show the drives for me while the old GUI does.

BillCardiff

Explorer
No. What I mean is, I have the general notification that "the pool xxxxxxx is degraded, one or more devices have failed." In the legacy/original GUI a person can go to storage, click on the pool, and select status, to see which drive has failed. In the new GUI I don't see that option, and can not figure how to see what drive has failed. (To ease anyones stress, I have already ordered a new drive).

joeschmuck

Old Man
So you are aware of which drive has failed and what the failure actually is?

Did you get a failure email as well? If you have email notifications setup and routine SMART Testing then you should have received one or many messages.

Since you are running the Nightlies then I'd expect this to be the latest and greatest version and if it doesn't include a way to see the drives then I'd submit a bug report, not a feature request. This should be a fundamentally supported item.

Status
Not open for further replies.