FreeNAS 11.2 pool unlock error

Primož

Dabbler
So i just upgraded to FreeNAS 11.2 stable from 11.1 U6. Everything went fine for the most part as far as the upgrading goes.

I have three pools, that are encrypted, so they of course need to be unlocked after a reboot and the like. I went in for the unlocks, where two pools unlocked with no issues. On the third one i get an 'Error unlocking' error with more info available. I tried it many times, i did a reboot of the system and tried unlocking that pool as the first one (did it as the last one previously), checked the passphrase and the recovery key (all are fine) and no difference. It's a 2 drive mirror pool.

The more info text is as following:

This error tells me nothing. I did have a mistake in the passphrase (checked it with the show/hide button to be sure) and the error was the same (well, didn't check ALL the details of it, but it was in the same vein).

EDIT: Just tried it via the legacy UI, no issues. Unlocked the same pool like a charm. Is this a bug with the new UI?

EDIT2: the offending pool name has a dot in it (the only thing differing between the three volumes). Could this be the reason for the issue?
Any ideas?

Last edited:

dantoo

Cadet
I just experienced this bug. I had to unlock the pool in the legacy UI.

dantoo

Cadet
@dantoo which version of FreeNAS?

@Primož which bug number?
FreeNAS-11.2-U3.
I was able to reproduce the same error in the legacy UI when I tried to unlocked pool#2 in second (I have two pools; if I unlock pool #2 first, no problem. If I unlock it after pool#1, there is that hang, in legacy or new UI). The pool #2 was over 80% full. Tonight I cleared up a lot of snapshots et some old data to bring it to 55% and tried again. Unlocked pool#1, then enter passphrase to unlock pool#2 and I get this momentary message:

connecting to NAS.jpg

It resumes by itself (message dissapears) and pool#2 unlock correctly. I'm not sure if my problem is related to the same error as the OP.

dantoo

Cadet
Checking the logs I have found that there is a problem with the key. So sorry, definitly not the same problem.

Last edited: