How to schedule scrubs/smart tests

Status
Not open for further replies.

spitfire

Dabbler
Hi,

I want to start a full S.M.A.R.T. test every 1st sunday of the month, and a scrub every second sunday of the month. How do I accomplish this?
I'm not usre if I understand the scheduler correctly - for S.M.A.R.T. I would set:
Hour - each selected hour: (hour I want to run it)
Day of month - each selected day of month(01 through 07)
Month: all checked
Day of week: sunday checked

For scrub I'd go the same way, but change "Day of month" to 08 through 15.

Did I undesrstand it?
If not, how do I set it?

Yatti420

Wizard
See cyberjocks thread in my tips and tricks regarding scheduling smart tests and scrubs..

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk 2

spitfire

Dabbler
You mean this thread?
I've seen it, but it explains how to schedule a task, based on month days, not weekdays.
I don't want to run these tasks on every 1st or nth day of month, but monthly, and only on sunday nights (i.e. scrubs on 1st sunday, and S.M.A.R.T. on 2nd) sunday of the month ..

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
My suggestion is you do something like this (please note that I'm making it up as I go along and haven't tested it):

All days of the month checked.
Start hour checked.
Sunday checked.
Threshold set somewhere between 8 and 13 days. I'd do 10, but all these values should yield the same result.

This should run every Sunday, regardless of the day of the month, at the specified hour, IF it has been more than 10 days since the last time it ran.

The tricky part is interleaving the long tests and scrubs. Maybe if you make the second such rule the week after the first one runs for the first time, but this sounds awfully kludgey.

Status
Not open for further replies.