Understanding rsync schedular

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emegra

Dabbler
Hi everyone

I've been reluctant to post this thread for fear of looking rather silly because I'm sure what I'm trying to must be simple and I'm missing something obvious but as hard as I try I can't figure it out.

My freenas server has 4 internal hard drives each with their own particular type fo data ie Drive1 has movies, Drive2 music etc, I also have a large external usb drive attached which is used to back up the 4 internal drives
after some trial and error I figured how to set up an rsync task which I got to work, but as hard as I try I can't figure out how to schedule it the way I want.

I want to schedule each drive to back up weekly at 2.00am on consecutive days ie Drive 1 on a Saturday, Drive 2 on a Sunday and so on, setting the time seems straightforward I set "each selected minute" to 00 then "each selected hour" to 02 [presumably thats 2 O'clock in the morning) it's the next box (day of the month box) I have a problem with because the choices are dates from 1 to 31 but I dont want a particular date in the month I just want a particular day ie Saturday or a Sunday, beneath there is 2 boxes called "Month" and "Day of the week" I've left all months checked because I want every month covered and unchecked every day except saturday because I want that particular backup to occur every saturday, can anyone tell me what day of the month I am supposed to select in this scenario.

I hope I've explained this ok, and i know I must be misunderstanding how it works but any help would be much appreciated

Many Thanks

Graeme

Status
Not open for further replies.