How to mount the previously created crash FreeNAS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arbabnazar

Cadet
As the subject said that How to use the perviously created shares & volume in case that your freenas crash and you install the new one?

Here is my scenario:

10 gb dedicated hdd on which i installed the freenas 8.

4x 250gb hdd that I used for data and i configured them like this:

Created volume with the name: vol (zfs and raid-z), under this volume then i created 3 dataset (books, movies, software).

my freenas crashed, then i installed the freenas again on my 10 gb hdd, but how i can mount this volume and dataset that I previously created?

thanks in advance!

Here is the sample configuration, that i did, may be it can help you to understand my problem!

21kxg1e.jpg

2h66k5l.jpg

ftmpf8.jpg

2vrsok2.jpg

2eaiikj.jpg

34eci7t.jpg

9q8h9d.jpg

1zlswf9.jpg

NOTE: May be that's the answer of my question, but i don't know, how to do it.....please tell me if somebody know about it?

If my hardware/motherboard dies, can I rebuild with new/different hardware and still import/read the data from my disks? What about my datasets?

YES, as long as you aren't using hardware RAID and let ZFS handle the RAID; If this is a PLANNED, such as replacing your disk controller, EXPORT your Pool(s) from the GUI first. Datasets are basically a folder/directory that lives on your volume with your other files, but have a separate mountpoint, such as /mnt/your-pool/dataset_1. They must be exported as a separate filesystem when sharing them with NFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.