How do I identify Ethernet controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

diedrichg

Wizard
I'm running a Supermicro X10SLM-F-O with FreeNAS 9.2.1.8. I have had some reoccurring Ethernet error emails sent to me so I decided to investigate the cause further. It turns out the Intel i217LM gigabit controller may not be fully supported by FreeBSD but the Intel i210AT is.

The Supermicro motherboard manual is not specific in telling me which Ethernet port is which controller and using ifconfig only tells me I'm on igb0. Is there a shell command that will tell me the specifics of igb0?

And yes, i know I can just swap ports but it would be nice to have a working knowledge of my hardware first.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I'm running a Supermicro X10SLM-F-O with FreeNAS 9.2.1.8. I have had some reoccurring Ethernet error emails sent to me so I decided to investigate the cause further. It turns out the Intel i217LM gigabit controller may not be fully supported by FreeBSD but the Intel i210AT is.

The Supermicro motherboard manual is not specific in telling me which Ethernet port is which controller and using ifconfig only tells me I'm on igb0. Is there a shell command that will tell me the specifics of igb0?

And yes, i know I can just swap ports but it would be nice to have a working knowledge of my hardware first.

If you query all network adapters, i210s use the igb driver. i217s use the em driver.

diedrichg

Wizard
Tyvm. I wonder why I keep getting the
"Freed UMA keg (xxxx) was not empty" emails?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler

diedrichg

Wizard
Thanks for the link. Yeah, I read that one but it was not to my satisfaction. I was hoping I was just using the incorrect port, i am not - ifconfig is reporting igb0, which as you said is the i210 and is supposedly supported in FreeBSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.