SOLVED Host Not Found after replacing a drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
A failed controller perhaps? Backplane? Expander? Cable? Power connector?

danb35

Hall of Famer
Not necessarily rhetorical in the sense of "don't answer this", but the question was more intended for you to think about the answer, and investigate any common factors. The odds against seven hard drives all failing at the same time are astronomical, so it's nearly certain that something else is the problem. The best place to start figuring what that is, is determining what they have in common.

COTVJosh

Dabbler
Understood. I will dig deeper and see if I can find a common thread. I may shutdown the machine and pull them to see if the backplane or something along those lines is out of place.

Thanks!

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
had a DNS server failure this morning and just repaired the issue so maybe that's why but I doubt it because all of my other systems were working.
The other systems probably had cached the DNS results they needed.

zoomzoom

Guru
I had a similar issue with one of my zpools the other day, granted not to the extent of 6 drives. 3 of my drives kept returning checksum errors, pool was offlined multiple times, replaced disks, and replaced cables with the issue still occurring randomly and sporadically. I began noticing loads of virtual AHCI lane failures, to the point where it was impossible to shut the system down and if I was lucky enough to get it to boot, it would take upwards of an hour or more. Long story short, multiple SATA port failures, both with the marvel, as well as intel, controllers. RMA'd the MB, no issues since receiving a new one.

Redcoat

MVP
With which MB?

zoomzoom

Guru
AsRock C2750D4I

Status
Not open for further replies.