SOLVED Help with Jail mounted Storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrismal

Dabbler
Hi Guys.

I am new to FreeNAS so far really liking it, I learned a lot , got windows shares permissions working great and I am not using the plugins but install jails using ssh as I found it to be a better way, the only thing I cant figure out is when installing a jail example plex pass and mount the storage I can not brows it in plex, I am locked in the main plex folder, In the Jail I use source the movie folder and destination Media. what stumped thing could I be doing? sorry for asking maybe a question you answered many times but I could not find any info that helped my situation. Btw doing ls -l /mnt in the jail I get 0

Regards

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

kdragon75

Wizard
So under jail storage you clicked [add storage], selected your plex jail, under [source] you selected the location of your media on your zpool, under [destination] you set the location INSIDE the jail you wanted this mapped to and from within the plex jail you are unable to see the storage?

Chrismal

Dabbler
I created a volume then a dataset and am pointing the source to the dataset then destination I choose Media, did not create any zpool, if its best to post screen shots please advice me what pics are best to post thanks

kdragon75

Wizard
I created a volume then a dataset and am pointing the source to the dataset then destination I choose Media, did not create any zpool, if its best to post screen shots please advice me what pics are best to post thanks
a "Volume" in FreeNAS is a zpool. Your dataset is *kind of* like a partition (just a subset of a larger object). For your jail, you destination would be your "mountpoint" for the "partition". I don't know where "media" is located but if I had to guess and you left all other things default, that would be /media INSIDE your jail. remember each jail has its own root directory. This is because each jail (typically) has its own dataset (this is hidden in FreeNAS GUI but may show up in the snapshots list) and with in that jail, that dataset is the chroot (sort of)

When taking about jails and file paths, please be careful to specify whether your refering to inside of the jail or the host system (FreeNAS).

long story short, if you want you media to show up as /mnt/media you need to set the destination to /mnt/media

If that's not helping, take a screen shot of you jail storage config.

Chrismal

Dabbler
heheh sorry for the zpool thanks for the correction, I am just coming out of using windows server
I tried 2 storage options

Attachments

• PLEX.PNG
    PLEX.PNG
    36.8 KB · Views: 782
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    82.6 KB · Views: 850

Chrismal

Dabbler
Do not know if permissions has to do with it

Attachments

• 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    21.6 KB · Views: 779

scrappy

Patron
In Plex, type in the destination media folder's path that you used for the jail. In your case, type: /mnt/Storage/media in the white box above the media directories (in plex)
Capture.PNG

Chrismal

Dabbler
@scrappy.

Dudeee I would kiss you if I could looolllll. That did the trick.

Thank you for your help what a great community. I can finaly start replacing my windows boxes

scrappy

Patron
@scrappy.

Dudeee I would kiss you if I could looolllll. That did the trick.

Thank you for your help what a great community. I can finaly start replacing my windows boxes
Haha! No problem. Glad to help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.