Assistance with FreeNAS, Plex, and Live TV DVR

Hawkins

Dabbler
Hello all. I've looked around and could not quite find exactly what I need to fix. I am still learning and a more novice FreeNAS user but trying to learn.

I am running FreeNAS version "FreeNAS-11.2-U7"
I also am running Plex via FreeNAS
- Not sure if this is relavant, but I am running "Plex Media Server" plugin -- not the "Plex Media Server (Plex Pass)" plugin. I do have Plex Pass but have not switched because I don't know how to keep my data and convert to PlexPass plug in. In particular, I am concerned with my metadata settings (I've done a lot of customization to my movie library sorts that I dont want to repeat).

I just purchased and set up a SiliconDust HomerunHD Quatro. Works flawlessly with setup.

I am trying to configure my DVR. When I try to record and save it to my Plex "TV Shows/Series" library, I get an error that says "No write access to destination".

My question is -- How do I get Write Access to destination? I might need a more step by step if possible but I am not sure how to give Plex (or do I need to get Homerun device) write access. Currently, all files get into the folder via my Home PC.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hawkins

AlexBrownie

Cadet
Hey Hawkins,

I'm currently having the exact same problem, did you ever find a solution?

Thanks,
Alex