Mount ZFS Dataset in Jail for storage access help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngen33r

Cadet
I have 2 Z Pools running. I use one for data storage and another to play around with Jails.

I have PLEX installed in a Jail and I would like to add storage to the jail that resides on another Z Pool.

The GUI attach storage does not work when I check ls -l /mnt from the shell. (Total 0)

Would I use zfs jail or nullfs?

My volumes are as follows:
/mnt/NAS
/mnt/PLUGINS

/mnt/PLUGINS/PLEX needs to access /mnt/NAS/MEDIA

Still learning but what I have tried from search is not working.

ngen33r

Cadet
I find no errors and the GUI shows it as added storage but when I go to the GUI and jexec into the Jail ls -l /mnt command shows (Total 0)

When i did it, i went under jails, storage, gave it the dataset because that's what worked for me. I attached some pictures on how mine is setup, the photo with the jails is how i configured it to have the storage of where my movies and tv shows are, the other 2 are when im connected to the webgui accessing and adding the mounts/folders

Attachments

• 1 - GX0QThI.jpg
    1 - GX0QThI.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 315
  • 2 - csDKOsZ.jpg
    2 - csDKOsZ.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 309
  • 3 - R4D4NKh.jpg
    3 - R4D4NKh.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 301

ngen33r

Cadet
So I tried to just add the folders in PLEX and it worked. It is strange that the mount does not show in the shell but it works none the less. As long as the group ID's are the same and the group has read access I can see all the files. Maybe a bug? or does the GUI handle the mount differently?

So I tried to just add the folders in PLEX and it worked. It is strange that the mount does not show in the shell but it works none the less. As long as the group ID's are the same and the group has read access I can see all the files. Maybe a bug? or does the GUI handle the mount differently?
I think it just kind of "points" to where the files are found, i tinkered with it on my own without a guide or any real knowledge and thats how i found it worked, by telling it to goto mnt/<name>

Status
Not open for further replies.