Help setting up DDNS with no-ip

Status
Not open for further replies.

baglio

Dabbler
Hello everybody.
I'm used to run the no-ip deamon on my computer, and everything works just fine.

I can connect remotely via SSH to my freenas box.
Now, I've just notice that no-ip is supported by the DDNS service in freenas, so I decided to set it up, and remove the deamon on my computer.

The problem is that it dosen't work. I filled the fileds with username, host, and password, leaving blank the update time.
When I try to connect to my freenas box via ssh it dosen't work.

May the problem be the fact that I didn't specified the update time?

Thanks everybody.

warri

Guru
I don't know about th eupdate field, but I assume you should enter some value there. Try for example 3600000 for an update every hour (milliseconds).
Can you check on the web interface of no-ip if the IP address was updated properly or if this operation already failed? Alternatively, just ping your dynamic ip address and see if the resolved IP matches your current IP.
Also watch out for log entries concerning the DDNS service.

If you are using a router for internet access, you also could configure automatic DDNS updating there. This should be the most reliable way.

baglio

Dabbler
Thank you very much for your answer!
I tried to ping my server via the DDNS host but the Ip dosen't match my actual... : (

Anyway, I did some research and I found that many users had the same problem, complaining that the built in DDNS service in freenas is not very efficent.

So I decided to stay with my past solution! Thanks anyway! ; )

Status
Not open for further replies.