Problems with DDNS and SSH

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
The official DNS name in the domain you registered with some domain provider pointing to your fixed IP address on your uplink router that redirects HTTPS to the SSL enabled webserver running your Nextcloud.

If you don't have a clue what all of this means, get someone to help you who does. Locally. In person. I tried to guide a guy through all of these basics here in the forum and I failed. It is just really darn complex. You need to know web servers, DNS, routing, SSL ...

If you do - great! Then my first sentence should shove you in the right direction :wink:

siropmoss

Dabbler
The official DNS name in the domain you registered with some domain provider pointing to your fixed IP address on your uplink router that redirects HTTPS to the SSL enabled webserver running your Nextcloud.

If you don't have a clue what all of this means, get someone to help you who does. Locally. In person. I tried to guide a guy through all of these basics here in the forum and I failed. It is just really darn complex. You need to know web servers, DNS, routing, SSL ...

If you do - great! Then my first sentence should shove you in the right direction :wink:
so do i have to open any port on my router?

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Of course ... HTTPS and probably HTTP, too, but that should only lead to a redirect to HTTPS and possibly the challenge/response URL for Letsencrypt, if you us that for your certificate.

siropmoss

Dabbler
Of course ... HTTPS and probably HTTP, too, but that should only lead to a redirect to HTTPS and possibly the challenge/response URL for Letsencrypt, if you us that for your certificate.
I don´t know what most of the things you have told me mean ...
Could you help me to do it step by step? starting by setting up next cloud.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Get someone knowledgeable to help you at your place.