Problem with DDNS on 11.0-U3 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

PMFreenas

Cadet
System configuration:
ASRock C2550D4I, using only SoC SATA ports (MV controllers all disabled)
32GB ECC system memory
Chenbro RM14204 1U case with Seasonic SSP-300SUG power supply
4x WD40EFRX data drives
2x Transcend 32GB SSD370S mirrored drives for FreeNAS

Networking configured as LACP lagg0 (igb0+igb1) on a Netgear GS110TP switch
Services: FTP SMB UPS SMART

I would like to use the DDNS service, since I have a dual WAN router (DSL+LTE as backup) which does not accept DDNS config active on both WAN ports, only one at a time, in fact now I configured DDNS on my router for the LTE backup (modem configured as transparent) and on the ISP-provided cascaded router for the DSL connection. Setting up DDNS on an independent system would render it device independent.

At the moment I configured the DDNS service in FreeNAS with my data (dyndns.org), it saves them correctly but the service won't start.

Clicking Start Now on UI Control Services page it waits a second then returns to Stopped status.

I tried with 'service inadyn-mt start' in root shell but the answer was:
Cannot 'start' inadynmt. Set inadynmt_enable to YES in /etc/rc.conf or use 'onestart' instead of 'start'.

Entering 'service inadyn-mt onestart' in root shell starts the service, and it behaves correctly according to /var/log/messages, it communicates with the Dyn server and updates IP. After this, on the Control Services page it is listed as started and can be stopped, but not restarted from the UI.

No traces in messages as for what is preventing inadyn-mt from starting in the UI.

Should I edit rc.conf and add inadynmt_enable=YES ?

D

dlavigne

What error do you get in /var/log/messages when you try to start in the GUI?

Status
Not open for further replies.