Help File Excel being Read Only

Status
Not open for further replies.

InGenetic

Contributor
Dear all,

I'm new in freenas , and i really like freenas ..
but i have one problem,
i already made one CIFS share called " ms share "
with data set " ms_share" permission owner set to "ppicms" and permission group to "ppicms" too. (like attached on picture) , then i have 2 user " A & B " with auxiliary group "ppicms". ( attached on picture)
both user A & B have full access read and write on"ms share" directory, they can make new folder , edit file txt ,
but ,
the situation is : when user "ppicms" put 1 file (excel) on that directory, both A & B cannot edit that excel file, when both of them try to open that file, it's always said "Read Only" .

the question is : how to make user A & B and ppicms, can full access , read and write on that excel file ?? cause it not just for excel file .. it happened in ms access file too.

Please help ..

Thanks n regards,

user A.jpg dataset.jpg

InGenetic

Contributor
Use windows acl type and set NTFS permissions through windows explorer.
I try windows acl permission,for a couple times, but it's always failed,
I set once 1 folder with 5 subfolder for 5 user (a,b,c,d and e) each user have 1 folder, it's work, then users work on they folder, next there's another user (the f user) need to see the folder of user D, when i add permission for f, it's said something like conflict with one or more subfolder from D folder, and until now , i still not find the solution for that matter,

Anyone can help ?

So i decided to use unix permission from freenas, but anothet problem like i said on the first post ? :(

Anyone can help and give me the solution, i need it for file server on my office with so many user and department.

Thanks n regards,

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
It is probably a good idea to reset permissions to defaults. Set ACL type to 'windows'. In your share config check 'apply default permissions' then 'ok'. Navigate to "\\server name or ip address", right-click on your share, click on 'properties' then the 'security' tab. Set permissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.