Hello from Vancouver Canada!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jschmok

Dabbler
Hey Everybody!

I'm Jon... lookin to expand my storage solution from a local RAID within my Windows 10 box using an old Dell PERC5i RAID controller with 5x1TB drives in a RAID5 into a NAS solution with 10Gbe and 4 x 3TB drives in a RAID10 (striped mirrors).

I love the concept of ZFS and the ease of importing arrays into fresh installs etc... but I've been having a HELL of a time with my 10Gbe cards. Windows side is fine but the FreeNAS side has been giving me nothing but problems! I really hope I can get past this issue..... anyways, hello from Vancouver!

jschmok

Dabbler
@droeders .... thanks for the intro :)

Weirdest thing happened today. As of last night, I was unable to even ping the dam thing! I tried routing, IP changes etc... nothing worked. Got fed up and just reinstalled FreeNAS on the same USB stick after swapping cards. The NAS has been stable, transferred about 900GB so far with no issues! THIS IS A REVELATION! Perhaps your good will helped :D heh

Oh and as per your 10-gig-primer post..... yeaa, I have one of those Emulex 10Gbe cards :( ... so far so good tho :)

Status
Not open for further replies.