FTP Home directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisw

Cadet
Hi guys,

I'm fairly new to FreeNAS so apologies if the answer is obvious!

I have set up a volume in FreeNAS and I want to be able to FTP into that volume. The volume I've set up is /mnt/data. I have set up the FTP service to allow local user login, path is set to /mnt/data and chroot is ticked. I then attempted to setup a user with the home directory as /mnt/data, however when I add the new user, the home directory changes from /mnt/home to /mnt/home/chris

How can I set it up so that the home directory is /mnt/data/ and not /mnt/data/chris

Cheers
Chris

Last edited:
D

dlavigne

You should be able to browse to the directory you want in the user's screen.

danb35

Hall of Famer
D

dlavigne

By default it does, but if you go in and change it back to what you want it should stick.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Negative, at least on 9.2.1.8. When I remove the username from the end of the directory and click save, there's no change--next time I look at the user in the web GUI, the username is again appended to the entered directory, and when I ssh to the server as that user, I'm in the /username/ directory.

D

dlavigne

Looking closer at that bug, it looks like it is fixed for 9.3 but not backported to 9.2.1.x.

sremick

Patron
I actually just ran into this the other day. Finally gave up, created a directory the same as my user name so I could at least log in, then I navigate to where I really want to go. I can live with the clutter until 9.3 I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.