ftp help setting up

Status
Not open for further replies.

matlock

Contributor
I've configured ftp as per the directions within the documentation i've found online.

I'm able to successfully connect to the ftp using filezilla from within my network. I've changed the port from the default 21 to 21021, and am able to connect to the freenas ftp from within my network.

I've setup port forwarding on my router, rebooted the router & freenas- remote into a offsite computer, and try to ftp back to my freenas using my external WAN IP address with no luck.

Can someone help me figure this out? Maybe fire off suggestions on how to troubleshoot. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks-

Matlock

*extra info- i'm using freenas 8.2 beta, I had freenas 8.0.4 prior, and was able to setup freenas without any issue but since installing the 8.2 beta fresh and revisiting this ftp stuff, i'm having these issues. Not sure if 8.2 beta is the issue-

matlock

Contributor
i've set the port back to 21.

I've also DMZ'd my freenas box to test- I used my external IP address in setting up filezilla, port 21, and the 'working' credentials i used to connect from within my network- still no dice.

matlock

Contributor
Well - after a rebuild of my NAS, I was able to revisit setting up my FTP, and to work again.
I wish I knew what exactly was the issue preventing me from connecting from the outside world. But at the end of the day- its fixed.

quadbikeben

Cadet
Service ERROR

Hi Y'all

I Have Just installed a freenas server.
and one of my coworkers asked for FTP to be enabled so i set all the permissions and clicked on start FTP
but it says Service Cannot Be Started.

What Does it Mean??
and any advise would be helpful

Thanks

matlock

Contributor
Take a look at the bottom of the ftp settings 'page' you'll see ssl\tls i think? uncheck it if its checked.

-matlock

I should mention- I had a similar issue- and uncheck ing that ssl box at the bottom did the trick for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.