Fresh install of 11 - Boot loop instantly on welcome to GRUB

Status
Not open for further replies.

zayroc

Dabbler
I built my server about 18 months ago, had no issues other than learning freenas mistakes. I finally decided that I learned enough I wanted a clean install. I backed up all my data, did a clean install and everything worked great....until I had to do a restart. Just a constant loop. The instant I get the Welcome to Grub screen, computer shuts off and immediately tries to boot again. I did an "upgrade" that got me up and running again, but I just had it shutdown for a few moments, I initiated the shutdown through the web gui, and now stuck in the loop again. I am going to to the upgrade again to get me back up and running but what is going on? I can't reinstall every single time I need to shutdown.

D

dlavigne

Have you tried a different stick? It sounds like that one is dying.

zayroc

Dabbler
I decided to wait until I had to restart the system just to give it one more chance...no sense to it. System was up till just 2 days ago when I had to shut down for power company to do some work...I need a UPS. I was expecting to have problems restarting, but it booted just fine. I have changed nothing since last post, not sure if freenas found a problem and fixed itself? I am no expert so no idea if that is even possible. All is good for now. Unfortunately no help to anyone having similar problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.