FreeNAS v11.3 - Periodic Snapshot Tasks - "PENDING" State

Hazimil

Contributor
I've noticed that in FreeNAS v11.3 that there is a State column under Periodic Snapshot Tasks (not seen it before, so assuming its new - correct me if wrong). Some of my tasks are listed in green As FINISHED and some say PENDING.

Does anyone know what PENDING means, and are there any other states?

Thanks.
Jonathan

You mean Replication Tasks. According to the User Guide:

The State column shows the status of the replication task. To view the detailed replication logs for a task, click the State entry when the task is running or finished.

Hazimil

Contributor
@Seymour Butt , sorry no, I do mean Periodic Snapshot Tasks. I don't use any Replication Tasks.

Jonathan

Curious. I've got the word LEGACY in the State column under Periodic Snapshot Tasks. I'm guessing that's because those tasks were migrated from 11.2 in the upgrade to 11.3?

The only reference to the STATE in the UG seems to be this...

View the list of periodic snapshot tasks by going to Tasks ➞ Periodic Snapshot Tasks. If a periodic snapshot task encounters an error, the status column will show ERROR. Click the status to view the logs of the task.

In that respect, like Replication Tasks, STATE seems to serve a similar purpose. The UG is a bit thin on detail.

Hazimil

Contributor
Well they are are flagged as FINISHED now, so at least they seem t be working. Would be nice if the manual had more details about the states and what they mean.

Jonathan