FREENAS RSYNC TO QNAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I would like to rsync from my Freenas box to my QNAP. This is being done over the LAN at home and therefore I don't see a need for SSH.

I followed the guide here but having issues. I created a file rsync.pwd with Windows notepad, placed it in the root folder of the dataset. Used cmd to rename the file extension from .txt to .pwd.

However I cannot set the file permissions properly. I used the freenas shell to chown and chgrp to the correct owner and group. However when i run chmod 600 rsync.pwd i get an "operation not permitted". I've tried it as root and su as well.

I cant change the properties in windows as they are all grayed out. How do I get this to work, surely this should be relatively straightforward?

Many Thanks.

D

dlavigne

Recreate that file on Windows, set the needed permissions in the file's properties, rename it, then transfer it to FreeNAS. Does that fix it?

Hi dlavigne,

I did something very similar which has worked!

I left the file on the freenas box and used windows properties > permissions advanced to remove "Everyone", "Group" and also uncheck inherit permissions.
I then setup the necessary read and write under the remaining permission (owner). There's lots of other permissions there so was a bit of guesswork.

Using the Freenas shell and command ls-l I was checking until I got what was needed (equivalent of chmod 600).

Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.