FreeNAS boot: [Error compression algorithm not supported]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucas Rey

Contributor
Dear community,
I upgraded my FreeNAS from 9.10 to the latest build (via gui) 9.10.2-U2. FreeNAS is installed on internal sata drive and all worked fine till I reboot. After that GRUB doesn't load and I receive the following error:
"Error compression algorithm not supported"

I tried to upgrade the installation via CD both formatting and preserving boot disk (installing new boot environment)... FreeNAS will boot twice to import DB and works perfect....... till reboot, where I get again the error compression....blablabla!

Could someone drive me to a solution? I tried to search the forum but I find nothing useful.
Thank you
Lucas

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Please file a bug report and post a link to the ticket here.

Lucas Rey

Contributor
Just for your information, I replaced the boot disk (an old 80Gb Sata) with SSD 32 Gb. Install everything from scratch (latest 9.10 build), restore the backup and the errors are gone!!!

pdenommee

Dabbler
I got the same message today: "Error compression algorithm not supported" from GRUB before FreeNAS loads. I have performed an update from 11.1 to 11.1-u2 via the GUI. FreeNAS boots and show the console setup menu. According to "Verify install", everything is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.