error: compression algorithm inherit not supported

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans9090

Cadet
Hi,
I installed my FreeNas 9.3 on a usb flash drive and I'm running it without any problems for 2 months now.
But since today I get this error message:

error: compression algorithm inherit not supported.
error: you need to load the kernel first.
error: only ELF kernel supports module.
error: you need to load the kernel first.

Press any key to continue...

I tried to google it, but I can't find anything.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Well isn't that interesting.

Can you do a "verify install"?

It's under system->update

Hans9090

Cadet
At that moment I couldnt do anything, because during boot it stopped there. I had no access to the Web GUI nor to my nas.
I ran the FreeNAS(Inital-Install) and reconfigured everything.

Now I can see the alert: The boot volume state is ONLINE: One or more devices has experienced an unrecoverable error. An attempt was made to correct the error. Applications are unaffected.

According to zpool status my FreeNAS(default) boot has a checksum error. (cant remember the exact name)

Hans9090

Cadet
now here is my error message. what should I do next? what will happen with my data stored on nas

Attachments

• freenas.jpg
    freenas.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 541

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Your USB stick has errors and should be replaced. Your data is fine.

Same problem compression algorithm 32 not supported ..... changing flash drive does nothing ... works for a couple of boots then same error. NO ONE SEEMS TO HAVE SOLUTION.

Redcoat

MVP
You resurrect a three-year-old thread - are you using a three-year-old version of FreeNAS?

If you insist on using a flash drive for boot despite the advice you have been given in at least one other thread please give the device a fighting chance of life by making sure that the system dataset and the reporting database are stored on your pool and not on the flash drive - see the manual section 5.6.

Status
Not open for further replies.