[FreeNAS 9 Plugin] - MineOS

obsodien

Dabbler
Work around to when having to restart FreeNAS server.....

1. Backup minecraft servers
2. FTP servers to PC
3. Delete MineOS plugin
4. Restart FreeNAS
5. Install MineOS plugin
6. FTP Severs to Import Folder in Minecraft JAIL
7. Recreate profile used before
8. Recreate server from backup

long winded i know, but I am still having issues starting MineOS backup after reboot. all due to the following command not working after said reboot:
mount -t linprocfs linprocfs /mnt/main/jails/customplugin_1/usr/compat/linux/proc

Pain in the butt work around, but at least it works. Also helps to turn on Restore Points and Archive to do periodic updates...

Any suggestions on getting MineOS to restart automatically would be appreciated..... Still a bit of a noob, but working on improving my knowledge base...

xcom

Contributor
What?

You are having to do all that every time you restart your freenas server?

Why?

Every restart all I have do is mount linprocfs and restart the plug in. Done.

obsodien

Dabbler
One would think, but i have yet been able to do that successfully. The reason for the last shut down was to to upgrade memory from 4gb to 6gb. I am also having issues getting teamspeak to install properly, leading me to maybe a more underlying issue. SAB, Couchpotato, Plex, Sickbeard, DLNA Server all install with out issues and restart effortless on reboots. for wahtever reasson, i cannot get it to restart byexecuting the mount command as when first installed. i will go ahead and try it again when FreeNAS goes to 9.3...

xcom

Contributor
One would think, but i have yet been able to do that successfully. The reason for the last shut down was to to upgrade memory from 4gb to 6gb. I am also having issues getting teamspeak to install properly, leading me to maybe a more underlying issue. SAB, Couchpotato, Plex, Sickbeard, DLNA Server all install with out issues and restart effortless on reboots. for wahtever reasson, i cannot get it to restart byexecuting the mount command as when first installed. i will go ahead and try it again when FreeNAS goes to 9.3...

Don't bother.

The mount command has to happen manually.
This is a custom plugin and is not fully polished yet.

obsodien

Dabbler
either way, i will see what happens the next time I have to restart server....more more memory or the additional 1TB storage will require a shutdown and start up...

obsodien

Dabbler
yet another silly question from a noob.... whats is the standard amount of ram allocated to the server and what is the suggested amount?

obsodien

Dabbler
Update.... Upgraded FreeNAS to 9.2.1.6 and rebooted server. I had to perform two things to get the MineOS server up and running:

1. mount -t linprocfs linprocfs /mnt/main/jails/customplugin_1/usr/compat/linux/proc (Known command to run)
2. Change the group owner of the files within the JAIL to mcserver

Everything is back up and running with the exception of creating Restore Points. The Archive half is still functioning.

obsodien

Dabbler
Quick question, what would prevent the backup and restore points from being performed?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
if I remember correctly this program uses rdiff or something similar to make its backups. you can check if that works on the CLI. I personally would try to find an api to tell mineos to disable autosave, save, take a zfs snapshot, then enable autosave.

sorry this hasn't gotten much love. I plan on really polishing this up one day to make it so you dont need to touch the CLI but I have other priorities, OC7 releases soon, and getting married in a month.

obsodien

Dabbler
that's ok, it works great until a noob like me somehow screws things up.... My recent adventure is trying to add a hard-drive to my zvol....which after much research, ie read the darn manual, can't be done. Backed everything off and rebuild zvol from scratch with 4 1TB hard drive in RaidZ1..... may just pull mine-craft files off server and re-install MineOS...... Other than me messing it up, it works pretty darn good and i like the interface very much....

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Maybe a dumb question, but how do I go about installing this?
You can play around with the PBI for now, but it's not yet perfect and requires you to do some tweaking to get things working.

Once FreeNAS 9.3 hits and it's in the repo it should work just like a standard plugin. See my request linked
https://bugs.freenas.org/issues/5767

centex99

Dabbler
So, I created a jail, installed the PBI from your PBI list... ran the command mentioned to update the plugin... but seems like I'm missing some basic setup steps to get the web UI to work properly...

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
So, I created a jail, installed the PBI from your PBI list... ran the command mentioned to update the plugin... but seems like I'm missing some basic setup steps to get the web UI to work properly...
did you start the plugin? like I said, if you wait till FreeNAS 9.3 things will work easier

centex99

Dabbler
did you start the plugin? like I said, if you wait till FreeNAS 9.3 things will work easier
Yes... I've started the plugin and have it running... I can access the MineOS web interface...
I was able to install a profile (stock minecrafter server/jar file)
I've attempted to create new servers, but after that it seems to not do anything else. I also don't have anything under "Server Settings" in the WebUI.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I updated the OP. This plugin should show up in the FreeNAS repo shortly.

obsodien

Dabbler
First of all, let me say great job on first creating the original and now for getting if officially on the repository FreeNAS. I have done a clean install of both FreeNAS and MineOS on a Dell PowerEdge R300 server. Every thing is working great, and yes now here comes the but..... when trying to create Restore Points, i am getting the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/bin/rdiff-backup", line 20, inimport rdiff_backup.Main File "/usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/rdiff_backup/Main.py", line 25, in import Globals, Time, SetConnections, selection, robust, rpath, \ File "/usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/rdiff_backup/SetConnections.py", line 30, in import Globals, connection, rpath File "/usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/rdiff_backup/connection.py", line 539, inimport Globals, Time, Rdiff, Hardlink, FilenameMapping, C, Security, \ File "/usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/rdiff_backup/Rdiff.py", line 22, in import os, librsync File "/usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/rdiff_backup/librsync.py", line 28, inimport _librsync ImportError: Shared object "libpopt.so.0" not found, required by "librsync.so.1"

So far that is the only problem i have run accross....

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
First of all, let me say great job on first creating the original and now for getting if officially on the repository FreeNAS. I have done a clean install of both FreeNAS and MineOS on a Dell PowerEdge R300 server. Every thing is working great, and yes now here comes the but..... when trying to create Restore Points, i am getting the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/bin/rdiff-backup", line 20, inimport rdiff_backup.Main File "/usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/rdiff_backup/Main.py", line 25, in import Globals, Time, SetConnections, selection, robust, rpath, \ File "/usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/rdiff_backup/SetConnections.py", line 30, in import Globals, connection, rpath File "/usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/rdiff_backup/connection.py", line 539, inimport Globals, Time, Rdiff, Hardlink, FilenameMapping, C, Security, \ File "/usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/rdiff_backup/Rdiff.py", line 22, in import os, librsync File "/usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/rdiff_backup/librsync.py", line 28, inimport _librsync ImportError: Shared object "libpopt.so.0" not found, required by "librsync.so.1"

So far that is the only problem i have run accross....
Thanks for finding that. I'll post a fixed up PBI when I can.

Here's you quick fix, run from the mineos' commandline
Code:
ln -s /usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/lib/libpopt.so.0 /usr/local/lib

marcevan

Patron
Hey trying this out on freshly booted 9.2.1.8 and install went perfect. Kudos to the work done on making this a viable plugin

I've gotten the webpage up, and created my first server, but noticed the 3 baked in vanilla profiles can be loaded, but you have to go back and update them for the server to start.

So did that and started my server but quick launch of 1.8 multiplayer found no running games on my network.

So close to this being a viable kid-friendly multiplayer environment, but wondering what must be done to allow PCs to find and join a launched server?

Last edited: