FreeNAS 9.3 fresh install and USB flash drive issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenalunWil

Contributor
I've just down loaded FreeNAS 9.3 on my computer and burnt it to a CD ROM disc. I then booted up from the CD ROM disc and all was fine till I get to select a drive onto which I have to install the FreeNAS 9.3. The flash drive is visible in the list and I use the arrow keys to scroll down to it and then press enter upon which a new dialogue box appears which informs me I have to select at least one drive. It brings me back to the list of drives available for the FreeNAS install and my recently FAT32 formated 16gb Kingston traveller is still on that drive list. I select that USB flash drive and once again I get told I have to select at least one drive. The flash drive is plugged into a USB2 socket. I've checked in the BIOS settings and the device manager USB is switched on. I tried the same procedure on my other computer with two different 16gb flash drives with the same results. Any ideas anyone?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Did you press space to actually mark the drives you want to install to?

PenalunWil

Contributor
No I didn't... just realised that seconds before you posted. Many thanks Eric ;)

Another case of "always read the instructions carefully before you do anything" :D

Status
Not open for further replies.