FreeNAS 9.2.1.6-RELEASE is now available!

• Thread starter Craig Rodrigues
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

mskenderian

Contributor

arekkusu

Cadet
Upgrade of my system is failing. I am using "FreeNAS-9.2.1.6-RELEASE-x64.GUI_Upgrade.txz"
The checksum of the file match... I never had a issue with upgrade before. I also don't have anything special installed / modified on my Freenas.

Here is the error message I am getting:

Environment: Software Version: FreeNAS-9.2.1.2-RELEASE-x64 (ce022f0) Request Method: POST Request URL: https://192.168.12.51/system/firmwizard/?X-Progress-ID=21d3319b-5cf5-4ed2-852e-1984a3105a49 Traceback: File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in get_response 107. response = middleware_method(request, callback, callback_args, callback_kwargs) File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/freeadmin/middleware.py" in process_view 158. return login_required(view_func)(request, *view_args, **view_kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/contrib/auth/decorators.py" in _wrapped_view 22. return view_func(request, *args, **kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/views/generic/base.py" in view 69. return self.dispatch(request, *args, **kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/contrib/formtools/wizard/views.py" in dispatch 236. response = super(WizardView, self).dispatch(request, *args, **kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/views/generic/base.py" in dispatch 87. return handler(request, *args, **kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/contrib/formtools/wizard/views.py" in post 291. self.storage.set_step_data(self.steps.current, self.process_step(form)) File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/system/forms.py" in process_step 125. wizard=self) Exception Type: TypeError at /system/firmwizard/ Exception Value: done() got an unexpected keyword argument 'form_list'

James Random

Dabbler
Borked in what way? Works fine for me!

Sorry. Seems to have been a browser page caching problem. Refreshed the page and it works now.

ThreeDee

Guru
Upgrade went smooth, Thanks!

J

jkh

Not working here. I had 9.2.1.3 -RELEASE working fine. Both pools healthy. Tried the GUI update, but after the first reboot I kept getting "Bad import list" (or something like that; I'm sorry I forgot to write it down).
Your USB stick has gone bad / died. Replace and reinstall, then attemp to recover just your config database from the old stick (or back up the config DB before you do this - probably simpler!)

Cosmo_Kramer

Contributor
Upgrade went smooth on my end and CIFS is much more stable than the previous versions. Out of curiosity, why does FreeNAS now default to SMB2?

Thanks for the hard work guys. This is a great product.

J

jkh

Upgrade went smooth on my end and CIFS is much more stable than the previous versions. Out of curiosity, why does FreeNAS now default to SMB2?
You actually answered your own question there, whether you knew it or not. ;-)

SMB3 support in Samba4 is still not quite ready for prime-time. It works for some folks, but for others it causes heartburn, so SMB2 is a better default for the time being.

Z300M

Guru
Your USB stick has gone bad / died. Replace and reinstall, then attemp to recover just your config database from the old stick (or back up the config DB before you do this - probably simpler!)
OK. I burned 9.2.1.6 to a new USB stick, but powered down all the drives (just in case) before booting from the new USB stick and importing the old config database (Yes, I had saved it just before attempting the GUI upgrade). Everything looks fine, except, of course, that the status of the pools is now UNKNOWN. What is the best course of action now: (1) power up the drives and do an automatic import OR (2) power down first, then power the drives up again, and then reboot? Does it matter which I do?

solarisguy

Guru
(3) shutdown FreeNAS, power down everything, reconnect power cables, power up, start FreeNAS (it should just import the pools since it knows about them)

Z300M

Guru
(3) shutdown FreeNAS, power down everything, reconnect power cables, power up, start FreeNAS (it should just import the pools since it knows about them)
@solirisguy, @jkh: Everything seems to be fine after rebooting with the drives powered up again. The USB stick is plugged into the on-board USB3 connector (xhci_load is NOT enabled), and the SATA-CF adapter is gone.

Thanks for your help.

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
Upgrade of my system is failing. I am using "FreeNAS-9.2.1.6-RELEASE-x64.GUI_Upgrade.txz"
The checksum of the file match... I never had a issue with upgrade before. I also don't have anything special installed / modified on my Freenas.

Here is the error message I am getting:

You have a borked version of the 9.2.1.2 release, it has been rerolled. Easier for you now is save the database and install fresh 9.2.1.6.

David E

Contributor
What is the issue corresponding to "performance improvements of ZFS ZVOLS when used over ISCSI with VMWare ESXi"? And is this automatic or does something need to be enabled?

J

jkh

What is the issue corresponding to "performance improvements of ZFS ZVOLS when used over ISCSI with VMWare ESXi"? And is this automatic or does something need to be enabled?
This is a feature specific to the experimental iSCSI target (which will be the default in 9.3). You have to enable it in the iSCSI service configuration.

David E

Contributor
This is a feature specific to the experimental iSCSI target (which will be the default in 9.3). You have to enable it in the iSCSI service configuration.

Is this the kernel module?

aufalien

Patron
Can some one on the core team check to see if Solarflare support was left out? I no longer see it in my interfaces, ifconfig shows nada as well as pciconf not showing anything Solarflare. I also tried to load it via a tunable but no dice. I'll stay on .5 but was really hoping to enjoy .6 goodness. Kind of a last minute surprise I'm sure, sorry about the late notice.

bestboy

Contributor
I did an update from 9.1.1 to 9.2.1.6 via the .iso update path (IPMI w/ virtual media rox ur sox!). It went pretty smooth and without trouble.
I also gave the new, experimental iSCSI service a go and got notably better performance from my 2x2 mirror pool of green disks. Here's a quick comparison with Crystal Mark
using the Windows 7 initiator on a virtual NTFS disk.

7FzeXzX.png

joeschmuck

Old Man
I have updated from 9.2.1.3 to 9.2.1.6 via the GUI and had no issues at all. After verifying everything was working as expected I upgraded my Plex plugin and it went fine as well. It did take almost 10 minutes to update my Plex Plugin so anyone doing a plugin update, once it's started, just walk away or it may drive you nuts.

Thanks to the team of programmers and testers to pull this off and create this stable product.

Status
Not open for further replies.