FreeNAS 11.2 - Plex cannot find Media to add to Library

scotsdale92

Cadet
All is almost working!!!
When I wish to choose my media folder. As you can c, the folders are greyed out.
Have racked my brain the whole day, it seems to be something small, but cannot figure it out.
BTW Its a new 11.2 U6 fresh reinstall.

Thx.

I agree I am having the same problem. It seems like this is a bug because I have given that user read, wright, and execute for the Owner, Group, and Other. The one odd thing is that when I am in shell I cant change directories to the Plex Media Server directory. but it looks like the permissions are the same. So I went ahead and edited my mount point so that it would be /mnt/Media/iocage/jails/plex/root/media instead. See attached screen shots.

Attachments

• Mount Points.PNG
    Mount Points.PNG
    8 KB · Views: 6
  • Plex.PNG
    Plex.PNG
    16.2 KB · Views: 8

scotsdale92

Cadet
what is your full path for your destination?

Looks like it is "Plex Media Server" but then goes on to something else.

the path you should put into you plex settings when specifying the "add folders to your library" should be everything after "root" in your destination mount point.

Also you should not be putting media into the folder "Plex Media Server", that is a system folder for the jail. instead create a directory on the root level called something else (anything) then link to that.

I feel like I have it right according to what you said now. See attached screen shots. And I have looked via SSH and I can tell the files are there, it seems like it is something within plex that is not making the connection. Or I am doing the file path wrong.

Attachments

• FreeNAS mount point.PNG
    FreeNAS mount point.PNG
    11.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Plex source.PNG
    Plex source.PNG
    38.1 KB · Views: 5
  • SSH Plex source.PNG
    SSH Plex source.PNG
    36.7 KB · Views: 5

rajkumar

Dabbler
Update.

Had it working in 11.2 U5, seems U6 has broken the install. When I reinstalled Same Issue!!!
Should I reinstall 11.2 U5?

rajkumar

Dabbler
T u Scot for your feedback. Tried everything i could think of including what you had sent.
Under Linux and WIndows all works.

Bixel925

Cadet
I am having this same problem. I'm running FreeNAS-11.2-U6 with a regular Plex plugin. I have attached some screenshots that I've taken of the problem. After reading through this thread, I have tried different cases and changing the folder name to not have spaces or caps. I still have nothing showing in my Plex. Any help is appreciated and I can provide more info if needed. explorer path.png freenas mount point.png plex file.png plex show.png

mzautumn

Cadet
[QUOTE =“ rajkumar,帖子:548582,成员:88914”]一切都差不多了!!!
当我希望选择我的媒体文件夹时。您可以c将该文件夹显示为灰色。
一整天都在绞尽脑汁,似乎有些小事,但无法弄清楚。
顺便说一句,全新的11.2 U6重新安装。

THX。[/ QUOTE]
我遇到了同样的问题。
当我希望选择我的媒体文件夹时。文件夹变灰。

mzautumn

Cadet
All is almost working!!!
When I wish to choose my media folder. As you can c, the folders are greyed out.
Have racked my brain the whole day, it seems to be something small, but cannot figure it out.
BTW Its a new 11.2 U6 fresh reinstall.

Thx.
I am having this same problem.
When I wish to choose my media folder. the folders are greyed out.

Francis_37

Cadet
Hello,

I found a way to solve the greyed out folders, I put my solution in the "Plex Mount point issue" thread.
Hope this helpsand works for you.

Goodbye

metalhusky

Dabbler
Hi metalhusky,
Have you tried the workaround I posted there : https://www.ixsystems.com/community/threads/plex-mount-point-issue.79137/
Let me know if it works.

Have a nice day.

As i said it's the first time i'm doing a NAS, i looked at your workaround, and PLEX recognized the Movie folder this time, but i couldnt link the Actual Movie location to that Movie folder inside the Jail, so i figured i messed something up.
Did a complete purge, reinstalled.
I'll try again tomorrow probably.
It would be cool to have an updated "How to" though... if they change something they should say, not leave people, let them figure it out themselvs, right?

Francis_37

Cadet
As i said it's the first time i'm doing a NAS, i looked at your workaround, and PLEX recognized the Movie folder this time, but i couldnt link the Actual Movie location to that Movie folder inside the Jail, so i figured i messed something up.
Did a complete purge, reinstalled.
I'll try again tomorrow probably.
It would be cool to have an updated "How to" though... if they change something they should say, not leave people, let them figure it out themselvs, right?

I was testing FreeNAS when I found that workaround, I'll redo my server in a few days and will have to redo the configuration then, I'll try to make a guide.
I agree with you, they shoud say when something like this changes.