FreeNAS 11.0-U1 is Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Last night FreeNAS 11.0-U1 came out and is available via the GUI Update or via the direct URL:

Here are the bug fixes:
#23196 Bug Nice to have inherited compression level is not always displayed correctly in the WebGUI
#23354 Bug Nice to have Can't create a boot environment named "9.10.2-U2"
#23890 Bug Expected Error when trying to make NIS user owner of dataset
#24235 Bug Nice to have Incorrect help text in Services: SMB: Guest account?
#24312 Bug Critical checking Log rpc.statd(8) and rpc.lockd results in timeout.
#24458 Bug Expected FreeNAS 11.0 RC4 Unable to setup AD
#24506 Bug Expected Rework AD code so that when joined to AD, stay joined to AD without need to always join
#24548 Bug Nice to have Cannot remove templates of jails
#24563 Bug Regression Stack trace during replication
#24565 Bug Nice to have ZFS boot error=63 "Unable to create ZVOL" after upgrade 9.10->11.0. Cosmetic?
#24570 Bug Regression [regression] FreeNAS 11 VMware Snapshot Broken with ESXi 6.5.0d
#24572 Bug Regression Cannot start ProFTPD after upgrade to Freenas 11
#24780 Bug Blocks Until Resolved Wizard is giving a Traceback error when it is creating/completing the volumes and shares at the end
#24834 Bug No priority Death to NT4
#24849 Bug Critical No more lagg after reboot in 11.0
#24864 Bug No priority Setting an "IPv4 Default Gateway:" on a DHCP-networked system causes hard freeze or traceback
#24922 Bug Nice to have FYI - patch correcting root DNS servers in python/samba/provision/sambadns.py

Last edited by a moderator:

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
I've installed the update on 2 of my servers... so far, so good!

DoubleIPA

Explorer
I updated my server this morning and it rebooted 3 times before fully starting up. I verified install and there were no errors and there are no alerts.

Supermicro motherboard-X10 Series
Model X10SL7-F
Memory 32688MB
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1245 v3 @ 3.40GH

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
Updated without issues today (one reboot) :p
9207-8i 20.00.07.00 IT
6 - 3TB in 3 mirrored pairs
X11SSM-F/G4400/32GB RAM
No Jails/VMs/Containers/bhyve/etc.

DoubleIPA

Explorer

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
You probably weren't paying attention. :D:p
Well YOU said three reboots, HatetheDrake claimed two reboots and I just wanted to WIN! Hooohaa

You're probably right though, not paying attention is my middle name...

joeschmuck

Old Man
Well YOU said three reboots, HatetheDrake claimed two reboots and I just wanted to WIN! Hooohaa

I loaded the ISO and got no reboots technically, I win!

Okay, no I didn't and I didn't pay attention either.

lupinehorror

Dabbler
all services, and storage, fine after upgrade. a single reboot took care of it on my system.

Amsoil_Jim

Contributor
Tried applying pending updates but would work, kept getting a core dump error.
Tried the check now and install with same results.
Then I rebooted the system and tried the check now and and install and it worked. It downloaded and installed and then took a long time to comeback up, I assuming several reboots as others stated, everything seems to be functioning as it was,
Still getting the same unable to read the current rate of cpu-x messages

DoubleIPA

Explorer
I'm getting those message too, but I didn't see the fix in the change log.

Amsoil_Jim

Contributor
I

iDenny

The update on HP ProLiant Gen8 (USB-install) resulted in error. The progress bar stopped at 20% and when the system is rebooted, grub can't find kernel when booting from 11-U1.

Tried to update again, then I get this error: "Update: FreeNAS-11.0-U1 has already been applied. Please activate 11.0-U1 via the Boot Environment Tab and Reboot to use this updated version."

EDIT 1

I've removed corrupted images from the boot environment and performed freenas-update update in the shell. The system rebooted itself and installed the latest version of FreeNAS. So far so good (no errors).

Last edited by a moderator:

Arwen

MVP
The update on HP ProLiant Gen8 (USB-install) resulted in error. The progress bar stopped at 20% and when the system is rebooted, grub can't find kernel when booting from 11-U1.

Tried to update again, then I get this error: "Update: FreeNAS-11.0-U1 has already been applied. Please activate 11.0-U1 via the Boot Environment Tab and Reboot to use this updated version."
This exemplifies why alternate boot environments are useful. In theory, recovery should have simply required a reboot and then selection of prior boot image.

Farid Anuar

Cadet
Hi everyone,today upgrade my server from build 9.10.2-U5 to 11.0-U1 without any problem at all and 3 time auto reboot.Time to feel the new build.

Thank you.

I

iDenny

This exemplifies why alternate boot environments are useful. In theory, recovery should have simply required a reboot and then selection of prior boot image.

Totally agree with you.

Ykno

Dabbler
how are we looking in terms of the 12days away from 11.1 release date?

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Watch the bug tracker for progress. It's the best indicator of how things are going.

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
how are we looking in terms of the 12days away from 11.1 release date?
The bug tracker page @Jailer referred to (link here) shows 240 open issues for release 11.1, out of 360 total -- so I doubt it will be released in 12 days.

After the Corral fiasco, I doubt the FreeNAS developers will release anything before it's ready. "Once burnt, twice shy", as the old saying goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.