Resource icon

FN11.3 iocage jails - Plex, Tautulli, Sonarr, Radarr, Lidarr, Jackett, Transmission, Organizr

There are no chmod commands in my plex install script. How/where did you get this error?? I think I know the cause though. Your jail name is "Plex Media Server" but the command does not have quotes to account for spaces in the name. If desired, I can edit the scripts to allow for spaces in jail names. Alternatively you can use a jail name like "Plex", "PlexMS", or "PlexMediaServer".
I suspect the pkgs installer to do the chmod and also the name scheme of "Plex Media Server". I have to look into your scripts to look where to change the according lines, because
define(__PLEX_JAIL__,plex)dnl
is set by default in variables.m4 and I did not change it.

I successfully grabbed that file from pkg.freebsd.org. Perhaps a temporary issue at the server end? Retry it. If the issue persists, please copy more of the log, so I know if this is occurring during jail creation or during pkg update process.
I sucessfully installed it by hand using "pkg install transmission" which i kinda odd, your script just runs this into a /tmp-folder, maybe a permission issue? I don't know.
Setting up transmission+VPN was frustrating so far, I think I'm gonna switch to a ubuntu vm...:rolleyes:

ornias

Wizard
In contrast to 1ccs-todd i'm currently working on turning the guide into a fully shellscript (bash) management tool, instead of something that needs to be compiled...

I think a YAML file with config settings is a lot cleaner and just-as-usable as a solution that needs to be compiled.

Also adding some jails, like py_kms (windows activation server) and bitwarden_rs :)

dezufnoC

Cadet

leafyeh7

Cadet
The redirection of the recent Jackett update (v0.13.483 or v0.13.467) breaks the page in Organizr (301 error, infinite redirect). Anyone got the same issue?

ornias

Wizard
The redirection of the recent Jackett update (v0.13.483 or v0.13.467) breaks the page in Organizr (301 error, infinite redirect). Anyone got the same issue?

Nope, attached is my config...

Attachments

• jackett part 1.PNG
    jackett part 1.PNG
    86.2 KB · Views: 318
  • jackett part 2.PNG
    jackett part 2.PNG
    475 KB · Views: 335
  • jackett part 3.PNG
    jackett part 3.PNG
    24.7 KB · Views: 286

leafyeh7

Cadet
Nope, attached is my config...
Thank you for sharing your configs. I don't have reverse proxy setup. Mind if you share how you set up your reverse proxy or direct me to a good guide?

I also noticed you have auto update disabled in jacket. Just want to know which version you are on.

Thanks.

ornias

Wizard
Thank you for sharing your configs. I don't have reverse proxy setup. Mind if you share how you set up your reverse proxy or direct me to a good guide?

I also noticed you have auto update disabled in jacket. Just want to know which version you are on.

Thanks.

Well reverse proxy or not doesn't really mater, you could just as well connect by entering the IP and basepath thats listed on the reverse proxy ;)

Shoots,I really thought I added that number on the screenshot, sorry...
Version is latest, updated just for you today and I totally forgot to turn on auto-update, should've been, thanks for noticing :)

leafyeh7

Cadet
Well reverse proxy or not doesn't really mater, you could just as well connect by entering the IP and basepath thats listed on the reverse proxy ;)

Shoots,I really thought I added that number on the screenshot, sorry...
Version is latest, updated just for you today and I totally forgot to turn on auto-update, should've been, thanks for noticing :)

The thing is if I go directly to http://{jail-ip}:9117/ in the browser I have no problem connecting to Jackett. If I use the same URL in Organizr I get the redirect loop error. My guess that it's related to recent Jackett update is because when I rolled back to the version about 3 weeks old I have no problem accessing Jackett in Organizr. Then I forgot to turn off auto-update in Jackett and once it's updated to latest version I am back with redirect loop in Organizr.

The attached image shows the redirect traffic. I also checked the storage/cookies and I can see cookies from Jackett server when it's loaded successfully (when accessed directly on through ip). Oddly enough, I was able to access Jackett on my laptop using Chrome since this morning and I went on delete the cookies from Jackett, and it's back too redirect loop again.

Still trying to wrap my head around this. Honestly it's no big deal and I can just open a new window from Organizr, but it's BUGging me.

Attachments

• redirect_loop.png
    redirect_loop.png
    55.7 KB · Views: 275

ornias

Wizard
The thing is if I go directly to http://{jail-IP}:9117/ in the browser I have no problem connecting to Jackett. If I use the same URL in Organizr I get the redirect loop error.

Actually, something just struck me...
I had something like the same, till I moved jacket up a level...

So instead of http://{jail-IP}:9117/
I moved mine to http://{jail-IP}:9117/jackett and that fixed it for me I think :)

RobTheRed

Dabbler
I've finally read the entire guide! I setup Jackett following this method (my Sonarr, Radarr and Plex are done using Plugins for the moment... going to switch those over when I have the time) and I've run into an issue. I'm using the vnet settings on my jail so each jail has the same ip, with different ports. I can make a call to the Jackett jail from outside of the jail and get results no problem. The issue is when I try to call Jackett Jail from in the sonarr jail (using ping <ipaddress>:9117 I'm getting unknown host. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to setup a reverse proxy like was mentioned earlier?

SeaFox

Explorer
I'm using the vnet settings on my jail so each jail has the same IP, with different ports. I can make a call to the Jackett jail from outside of the jail and get results no problem. The issue is when I try to call Jackett Jail from in the sonarr jail (using ping <ipaddress>:9117 I'm getting unknown host. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to setup a reverse proxy like was mentioned earlier?

If you want them all to have the same IP you would put them all in the same jail, that's what I did. But I recommend keeping the settings segregated. This also means if you do a VPN for the jail all the services can run over the same VPN connection.

RobTheRed

Dabbler
Thanks for the help! Moving Jackett to it's own IP helped everything work as expected. I really wish Radarr and Sonarr's drone factory wasn't deprecated. I have a seed box that I download from, so every time I pull something down I have to re-run the "Wanted -> Import" stuff to get it to pull in. Does anyone else have a similar setup? What do you do?

azzkickr

Cadet
Guys, please forgive me - it's my first zfs system, and I don't really understand the difference between a dataset and a directory.

when I mkdir something - is it a dataset?

Also, at the beginning of this guide, you say - create a dataset and give media:media permissions. What do you mean?
Create dataset in gui, or mkdir media chown -R media:media media

What permissions do you mean, too?

The reason I'm asking is that I am following your guide for the Nth time and every time I get different permission problems. It's killing me.

Here's my setup.
I installed the system. Pulled all the data via network from an old linux machine using a borrowed HDD.
I moved my own HDDs to the freenas box, created a pool

Master for data
fastpool (ssd) for iocage.

Then I mkdir'ed /mnt/Master/media/movies
/mnt/Master/media/downloads
/mnt/Master/media/tv
/mnt/Master/media/iso
/mnt/Master/media/...blablabla

I moved all my data into them, unplugged the borrowed hdd and returned to owner.

so... as you can imagine, my /mnt/Master/media is owned by root:wheel
after following your guide all the folders inside still are, apart from the downloads folder, which is owned by media. (done during transmission install)
As you can imagine, trransmission is happy to download there, and only there. If I want to download a movie not via radarr, it chokes on permission denied.

I was thinking about chown -R media:media media, but then there's the thing. do I then add the whole family to media group so they can have control? and how do I limit the access to ekhem, naughties, so the kids don't stumble upon them?

hertzsae

Contributor
Think of a dataset as a folder that you can take snapshots of. That can be really helpful. You can create one at the command line, but I usually do it in the GUI. After you create the dataset, then it will show up as a folder and you can chown it as you please.

azzkickr

Cadet
Think of a dataset as a folder that you can take snapshots of. That can be really helpful. You can create one at the command line, but I usually do it in the GUI. After you create the dataset, then it will show up as a folder and you can chown it as you please.
does mkdir equal create a dataset?

1ccs-todd

Dabbler
Well, got it mostly done...
Here is a sneak peak:
I am happy to see others attempting to improve jail setup for us all.
If yours operates easier than what I threw together, that is awesome. I will be grabbing a copy to check out what you created.

I had to update my scripts as Ports SVN for Mono were updated which broke my patches to Mono for Sonarr and Lidarr. The new version uses Mono v6.8.0.105 which works with the newer Mono port. As an added bonus I added Bazaar subtitles downloader. I personally love Closed Caption subtitles and look forward to having this function automated.

DarkeBlayze

Cadet
Been following the transmission guide completely, step by step, only changing the specific things that i needed to. everything else works. the only 2 lines that are failing are:

iocage exec transmission "chown 0:0 /config/ipfw_rules" - which i get:
chown: /config/ipfw_rules: No such file or directory
Command: /bin/sh -c chown 0:0 /config/ipfw_rules failed!

iocage exec transmission "chmod 600 /config/ipfw_rules" which i get a similar:
chmod: /config/ipfw_rules: No such file or directory
Command: /bin/sh -c chmod 600 /config/ipfw_rules failed!

I have already created the ipfw_rules file at /mnt/JailHD/apps/transmission/config/ipfw_rules as specified.

I can cd to the config directory and i can edit the ipfw_rules file.

any ideas how to fix this?

1ccs-todd

Dabbler
Been following the transmission guide completely, step by step, only changing the specific things that i needed to. everything else works. the only 2 lines that are failing are:

iocage exec transmission "chown 0:0 /config/ipfw_rules" - which i get:
chown: /config/ipfw_rules: No such file or directory
Command: /bin/sh -c chown 0:0 /config/ipfw_rules failed!

iocage exec transmission "chmod 600 /config/ipfw_rules" which i get a similar:
chmod: /config/ipfw_rules: No such file or directory
Command: /bin/sh -c chmod 600 /config/ipfw_rules failed!

I have already created the ipfw_rules file at /mnt/JailHD/apps/transmission/config/ipfw_rules as specified.

I can cd to the config directory and i can edit the ipfw_rules file.

any ideas how to fix this?

If I understand your information, you have '/mnt/JailHD/apps/transmission' mounted to /config in transmission jail. which would put your file at '/config/config/ipfw_rules' inside the jail.
try moving ipfw_rules down one folder.
I think that will put the file in the correct place for the chmod command to succeed.