Resource icon

FN11.3 iocage jails - Plex, Tautulli, Sonarr, Radarr, Lidarr, Jackett, Transmission, Organizr

itsryan

Dabbler
Amazing tutorials Pentaflake!!

I just was wondering if I could get some help with Sonarr, I have followed your tutorial step by step 4 times and each time I get this error message on the last step.
Code:
root@Sonarr:/usr/local/share # service sonarr start
Starting sonarr.
Unmatched ".
Unmatched ".
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/sonarr: WARNING: failed to start sonarr

I believe the problem has something to do with the RC file, I have went through the file a few times.
On line ". /etc/rc.subr" there is a space between the . and the / if I remove this space I get this error.
Code:
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/sonarr: ./etc/rc.subr: Permission denied
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/sonarr: load_rc_config: not found
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/sonarr: run_rc_command: not found

Anyone have a idea on whats causing the problem, I would love to get Sonarr up and running.

itsryan

Dabbler
Amazing tutorials Pentaflake!!

I just was wondering if I could get some help with Sonarr, I have followed your tutorial step by step 4 times and each time I get this error message on the last step.
Code:
Starting sonarr.
Unmatched ".
Unmatched ".
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/sonarr: WARNING: failed to start sonarr

I believe the problem has something to do with the RC file, I have went through the file a few times.
On line ". /etc/rc.subr" there is a space between the . and the / if I remove this space I get this error.
Code:
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/sonarr: ./etc/rc.subr: Permission denied
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/sonarr: load_rc_config: not found
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/sonarr: run_rc_command: not found

Anyone have a idea on whats causing the problem, I would love to get Sonarr up and running.
Fixed my own problem
Solution was to not use nano, some reason it was causing problems I used ee instead and it worked

Pentaflake

Explorer
Awesome guide Pentaflake! This helped me bigtime!
Any chance you could also add headphones / nzbhydra? i am currently struggeling with these installs.

I don't plan to add anymore nzb options as there are already 2 in the guide that are functional. As for headphones, I actually set it up last night for myself and was getting ready to add it to guide soon. Setup without notes is below it will be added to the guide soon.

EDIT: added to guide.

Last edited:

Yakje

Explorer
I don't plan to add anymore nzb options as there are already 2 in the guide that are functional. As for headphones, I actually set it up last night for myself and was getting ready to add it to guide soon. Setup without notes is below it will be added to the guide soon.

EDIT: added to guide.

Awesome! thanks for the quick response! i followed ur guide and headphones is now up and running.
About "nzbhydra" it's not a nzb downloader, but a meta search for NZB indexers. Just like jackett is for torrents.
Currently got it up and running using the guide below, you might want to add it to ur list? credits to: Unclenospam in a comment at: https://gist.github.com/jacobblock/4d9270c25548c65300dd

How to add nzbhydra service:

cd /usr/local && git clone https://github.com/theotherp/nzbhydra.git nzbhydra
chown -R nzbhydra:nzbhydra nzbhydra
sysrc nzbhydra_enable=YES
sysrc nzbhydra_user=nzbhydra
sysrc nzbhydra_group=nzbhydra
sysrc nzbhydra_dir=/usr/local/nzbhydra

create a new rc.d script for nzbhydra.
nano /usr/local/etc/rc.d/nzbhydra

#!/bin/sh

# PROVIDE: nzbhydra
# REQUIRE: LOGIN
# KEYWORD: shutdown

. /etc/rc.subr

name="nzbhydra"
rcvar="${name}_enable"
load_rc_config ${name}

: ${nzbhydra_enable:="NO"}
: ${nzbhydra_user:="nzbhydra"}
: ${nzbhydra_group:="nzbhydra"}
: ${nzbhydra_dir:="/usr/local/nzbhydra"}

pidfile="/var/run/nzbhydra/nzbhydra.pid"
command="/usr/local/bin/python2.7"
command_args="/usr/local/nzbhydra/nzbhydra.py --pidfile ${pidfile} --nobrowser --daemon"

start_precmd="nzbhydra_prestart"
nzbhydra_prestart() {
if [ -f ${pidfile} ]; then
rm -f ${pidfile}
echo "Removing stale pidfile."
elif [ ! -d ${pidfile%/*} ]; then
install -d -o ${nzbhydra_user} -g ${nzbhydra_group} ${pidfile%/*}
fi

if [ ! -d ${nzbhydra_datadir} ]; then
install -d -o ${nzbhydra_user} -g ${nzbhydra_group} ${nzbhydra_datadir}
fi
}

run_rc_command "$1"

save nano and exit
chmod +x /usr/local/etc/rc.d/nzbhydra

Restart your jail and access nzbhydra at http://jailip:5075/

The only thing i now need to setup is Nextcloud + Mysql + Nginx, if you might be thinking about writing a guide on this subject would be highly appreciated! :D

Jailer

Not strong, but bad

jFlatz

Dabbler
Pentaflake: Can you post how you went about installing and what changes you made to plexupdate. I would like to go back to using your old method.

danb35

Hall of Famer
The github page you link to, links to another forum post here giving instructions for installing PlexEmail.

It does, but I've followed the guide numerous times without getting it to work. The guides written here are very good and have more detailed instructions. It would be a good addition.

Pentaflake

Explorer
Pentaflake: Can you post how you went about installing and what changes you made to plexupdate. I would like to go back to using your old method.

The previous version used https://github.com/mstinaff/PMS_Updater. The only change made is altering the setting PMSPARENTPATH to
"/usr/local/share". That said I'd still recommend you use the way currently in the guide as it is better practices.

It does, but I've followed the guide numerous times without getting it to work. The guides written here are very good and have more detailed instructions. It would be a good addition.
Sorry, I don't write them unless I plan to use a tool. I believe similar functionality to this is included in Ombi already via the newsletter function. I don't use it as I don't really see the need with Plex's recently added on the home page.

mow4cash

Contributor
Good guide. Is there a reason you are installing the dependencies instead of the pkg for many of these since they now have a pkg? Would it be good to add pkg update && pkg upgrade somewhere?

Pentaflake

Explorer
Good guide. Is there a reason you are installing the dependencies instead of the pkg for many of these since they now have a pkg? Would it be good to add pkg update && pkg upgrade somewhere?
While some like Sonarr, Radarr and Plexpy do have their own pkg versions now they tend to take longer sometimes to be updated. All 3 of these have their own fully functional update systems and can update themselves automatically. Its more a personal preference I guess.

I figured most people would know to run an update/upgrade at some point. That said I'll update the notes to include it tomorrow.

Yakje

Explorer
For some reason i can't use the
Code:
service headphones stop 

command inside the jail to stop headphones.

I followed ur guide to install headphones and it's up and running. But whenever i try to stop the service, so i can make some changes i get the following error:
headphones.jpg

Any ideas about a fix?

Pentaflake

Explorer
You must have stopped it manually at some point. That error is because the process with the id that was stored in the pid file when the service was started doesn't exist anymore. If its not running you can remove the pid file and start it again.

I've stopped and started my instance of headphones a number of times without issue not sure how you managed to do that.

Yakje

Explorer
You must have stopped it manually at some point. That error is because the process with the id that was stored in the pid file when the service was started doesn't exist anymore. If its not running you can remove the pid file and start it again.

I've stopped and started my instance of headphones a number of times without issue not sure how you managed to do that.

I can't remember i stopped it manually, but i might actually have done it at some point.
Since i am unable to stop it within the headphones shell, i used the "Stop" button instead, deleted the headphones.pid in mnt/apps/config and started the jail again manually by pressing the green button. When i try to use
Code:
service headphones stop
again, it is still giving me the same error :S

Pentaflake

Explorer
I tested the directions from the resource in a fresh jail to make sure nothing changed, and it worked fine. I was able to stop headphones right after starting it the first time and stop headphones after restarting the jail. I don't really have time to troubleshoot where you messed up with your jail for headphones, I'd recommend you try recreating it as you shouldn't have issues like that.

Yakje

Explorer
I tested the directions from the resource in a fresh jail to make sure nothing changed, and it worked fine. I was able to stop headphones right after starting it the first time and stop headphones after restarting the jail. I don't really have time to troubleshoot where you messed up with your jail for headphones, I'd recommend you try recreating it as you shouldn't have issues like that.

I deleted the jail and did a fresh install according to ur guide. Now i can stop and start headphones using the commands mentioned before, however it does still show me a warning when i use the stop command:
headphones warning.jpg

Is this something i can just ignore, or should it be fixed?

dmoore0157

Cadet
I know this is a complete noob question, but you have to start somewhere.
1. When I installed Plex I made a generic Jail using the GUI. --- In this write up it does not mention how to manually create the jail from the shell? or --Am I supposed to use the GUI to set up the jail shell? and Then from within the jail using shell runt he pkg update etc....?