File sharing between FreeNAS 9.2.x box and PS3...

Status
Not open for further replies.

adramalech

Dabbler
Hello I am trying to setup for my media files, (mp3, mp4, avi, mkv, etc...), to be accessible from my FreeNAS 9.2.1.1 box to my PS3/Roku3. I was thinking that the easiest solution was using DLNA app, miniDLNA, and point to the jail directory /media.

Now this is where my confusion happens. I was wondering how do I go about seeing my media files in the jail from the media ZPool? Can I just symbolically link them to the /media directory of the miniDLNA PBI?

I am security conscious and wanted to make sure to not allow unintended access to anything outside of my media files. In terms of security I was only going to let DLNA/UPnP access on LAN only and allow SFTP/SSH/CIFS/NFS on WAN + LAN. I have an ASUS RT-AC66U router with Tomato Shibby's firmware on it which allows for upto two CIFS clients. I was wondering would this be an easier option than say to utilize miniDLNA?

Any tips or tricks would be awesome help. :)

Yatti420

Wizard

adramalech

Dabbler
Thanks very much for the tutorial!!! Yea I am thinking of either making all the mkv's into mp4's for better compatibility.

adramalech

Dabbler
So I have a new question I got miniDLNA showing up on the PS3 when searching for media. I also can go to the IPaddress:8200 and see the miniDLNA landing page. However, I don't see any files are there. I made a user that's home was the pbi jail and it has read privleages. I also did make sure to target the source as my volume's media directory, and the /media directory of the pbi as the destination in linking the storage to the jail.

Any further tips would be greatly appreciated... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.