Status
Not open for further replies.

keithmabrey

Cadet
Hardware

Dell PowerEdge 800 w/ 4gb Ram
Adaptec 2420SA Controller
Sil 3114 Controller

I tried the GUI upgrade from 8.3 to 9.1 and it seemed to go well. On reboot FreeNAS loads and seems to enumerate all the hardware. It's during this that the boot process hangs, the last line written to the screen being aac0: COMMAND 0x877360c0 (TYPE 502) TIMEOUT AFTER 138 SECONDS.

Apparently 9.1.0 does not like the adaptec 2420SA controller that I'm using. I took it out and rebooted and I made it past where it previously hung and the freenas db was updated. I put the controller back in, rebooted and the boot process hangs.

I'd like to stick with 9.1 if I can so does anyone have any ideas how I can get past the error.

Otherwise, I'm hoping I can get back to 8.3.1

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Is your Adaptec controller using the latest firmware? I know when I had an Adaptec my only gripe was that your driver and firmware had to be kept within a certain version number. I'm not sure what version FreeNAS uses though...

keithmabrey

Cadet
Is your Adaptec controller using the latest firmware? I know when I had an Adaptec my only gripe was that your driver and firmware had to be kept within a certain version number. I'm not sure what version FreeNAS uses though...

Not sure what version it is. It's an old one I had lying around. I was able to revert to 8.3.1 and everything works again. When I have more time, I'll troubleshoot a bit more.

Thanks for the reply.

Not sure what version it is. It's an old one I had lying around. I was able to revert to 8.3.1 and everything works again. When I have more time, I'll troubleshoot a bit more.

Thanks for the reply.

keithmabrey, any solution? I have same problem (clean 9.1 instalattion on older server with 2420SA). It's time throw adaptec to trash?

Thanks for the reply

Status
Not open for further replies.