Easy Sync of clients

volkskamera

Cadet
Hi everyone,

i am using a dedicated Nextcloud installation on a MiniPC at home for the files of me and my wife.
So far it works, but we do not really need/use the power of Nextcloud. Even the seperate file storage is not required, we trust each other :smile:

So i would like to give TrueNAS a try as an easier solution to mount drives and automatically sync files across the clients.

What we have:
2 laptops - both Linux
2 smartphone - both Android

What i want to achieve:
Storing files automatically which are created and stored on the clients (e.g. pictures taken by the smartphones).
The Nextcloud clients always give us headaches, especially on the smartphones. And we do not need the real power of a cloud system (e.g. image preview, video streaming etc.)

So the idea is to set up TrueNAS and simply use a client like Syncthing (or rsync on the linux clients) getting the files synced.

Do i need to install the Syncthing plugin on TrueNAS or is this necessary for special purposes only?

Many thanks and sorry for the dumb questions :smile:

volkskamera

Cadet
Meanwhile i have TrueNAS installed on my Esprimo MiniPC

Pool created, Shares activated, Users created - everything works like a charm, that was easy :smile:

Now only the sync question is open. Need something hassle free for my wife. Otherwise i will run into trouble.....

bomcz

Cadet
I think you should try WEBDAV instead of nextcloud. Use Webdav navigator app in google play.