Synchronize data between local drives on workstations and TrueNAS

JackGeary

Cadet
Hello,

I have 3 Mac Clients, in 3 different geographical locations, and a TrueNAS. We are wanting to do some Audio Editing and do our edits locally off of the drives on our workstations. We want the data to be synchronized between our workstations and the TrueNAS so that all edits are applied to the worsktations and the TrueNAS automatically, and so I don't have to manually synchronize the data to the TrueNAS everytime I make an edit. I believe that Syncthing might be a possibility, but I think that Syncthing has trouble transferring over ACLs. Something like NextCloud or SMB Roaming Profiles might work, but wasn't sure and wanted to check here before proceeding. Our Audio Editing software doesn't allow one editor to edit the same file as another editor at the same time, so low-latency synchronizations shouldn't be a problem.

kellyestrada

Cadet
Hello,

I have 3 Mac Clients, in 3 different geographical locations, and a TrueNAS. We are wanting to do some Audio Editing and do our edits locally off of the drives on our workstations. We want the data to be synchronized between our workstations and the TrueNAS so that all edits are applied to the worsktations and the TrueNAS automatically, and so I don't have to manually synchronize the data to the TrueNAS everytime I make an edit uno online. I believe that Syncthing might be a possibility, but I think that Syncthing has trouble transferring over ACLs. Something like NextCloud or SMB Roaming Profiles might work, but wasn't sure and wanted to check here before proceeding. Our Audio Editing software doesn't allow one editor to edit the same file as another editor at the same time, so low-latency synchronizations shouldn't be a problem.
Hello, as I know, syncthing is a decentralized file synchronization tool that can work well for your use case. It is designed to keep files in sync across multiple devices. While Syncthing might have some limitations with transferring ACLs, it can still be a viable option for synchronizing audio editing files between your workstations and TrueNAS. You can give it a try and see if it meets your requirements.