Earn Your Recognition Today

Davvo

MVP
In addition to being oddly worded I would argue that the answer to this is incorrect since almost any App (the software it's self) will have their own license which would not have to be the same as that for TrueNAS.
You don't have to pay for any apps, I believe that's the license. Enterprise wording here I believe.

NugentS

MVP
I misread one question
And the scratch space for apps confused me

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
I'm surprised I passed. Not being an IT person and computers only being a hobby since, well the 1970's. I did like the showing of what ones I got wrong although it would have been nice to see what those answers were "If the person passed".
Same here. 87% isn't anything to brag about but that's not too bad considering the fact that I've never used scale and I've never touched replication either.

joeschmuck

Old Man
The questions I got wrong: (I pulled an 84%, I can't brag at all)
#18 which Storage "component". I'm certain I change it from right to wrong after thinking what is a physical component. Only one answer is a physical piece. That wasn't what the question was really looking for I guess.

#20, well I just got that wrong.

#26, I need to research that one, I put until manually deleted. Does SCALE work differently than I think CORE works? And if it does, why?

#30 & 31, I have no idea, no real experience there, my "guess" was wrong. Scratch space, eh.

And #2, I actually thought about this one for a minute, thinking could I compile it for an ARM. So I answered the question based off of what is currently distributed.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
New replication tasks should be defaulting to "Same as Source" as shown here:
If you go to the Advanced configuration screen in a new replication task without touching anything first, you will see this:

1708096497939.png

I agree that if the wizard produces a different result, you could argue that using the wizard is the "default"... but it's interesting to note that the advanced approach has a different default.

1708096497939.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Davvo

MVP

joeschmuck

Old Man
@sretalla we cannot access the image in this section of the forum, and it's quite small.
Hum... I see it just fine however I cannot download it. I just edited the posting to include a thumbnail of the attachments as well. See if that works.

Davvo

MVP
Hum... I see it just fine.
You are a mod, you have more power! :smile: You can react to posts in the News section as well.

Thumbnails do not change anything... and I cannot upload an image for having see you what I get. Oh well, external link it is.
G7Qt5aJ.png

joeschmuck

Old Man
You are a mod, you have more power! :smile: You can react to posts in the News section as well.

Thumbnails do not change anything... and I cannot upload an image for having see you what I get. Oh well, external link it is.
G7Qt5aJ.png
Very odd problem. Unfortunately I do not have user account access these days. Maybe @HoneyBadger can check into this?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Anyway, this is the announcements section (I guess not meant to be a "normal" thread") and I want iX folks to see what I posted, which it seems at least one of them can, so that's all for now.

I think it's pretty clear based on what I wrote as to how to see it locally on your own system if that's what you wanted to do.

Or how about I just put it in a "normal thread"...

artlessknave

Wizard
although it would have been nice to see what those answers were "If the person passed".
what often happens if a test does this is people (im sometimes one of them, expecially if the topic doesnt really interest me, or the test is stupid - like 1/2 the answers are historical dates on things that are meaningless) will just do the test once, get all the answers...and then do the test again.
by showing what you got wrong it lets you research it to find out why, instead of just memorizing which answer to select, which is what happens.

joeschmuck

Old Man
I take a lot of exams, part of the job. Took one yesterday and today. I typically challenge the exam and skip the training. I think I know enough about radiation by now and PPE. And I agree, sometimes all a person cares about is passing and getting on with their day. But even in my company we have the option to review the test to see which ones were wrong and what the correct answer is. We do not get that option if a person fails the exam. So for this topic, it would be nice to know what I don't know.

artlessknave

Wizard
So for this topic, it would be nice to know what I don't know.
ya, i totally get that. its possible the system they used for the test doesnt have that. or that it takes looking for it to find. I have no idea, I was just pointing out that I have seen it done that way on purpose to make you go through the material instead of just giving answers. I'm not sure how effective that is though.

Koop

Explorer
Did better than I expected. Reading the study guide thoroughly helped. Got two questions wrong- as a newbie to TrueNAS I'll take it.

My past experience with other NAS platforms fueled some correct educated guesses as well, hah.

voodoo5_6k

Dabbler
[...]Take the TrueNAS SCALE Evaluation Guide Knowledge Exam, and once you've achieved a score of 80% or higher, the badge will be added to your profile within 24 hours![...]
First, this is a nice idea, I like it. One question though. I've taken this survey last weekend, and nothing seem to have happened in regard to the badge. I retook the survey several times this week, but no dice. Is there something specific to be done in the profile to allow badge display? In the survey, I enter the correct e-mail address, select yes, give me a badge, and proceed to the very end. Thanks!

artlessknave

Wizard
Need to select it in you profile. I don't think it applies automatically

Davvo

MVP

artlessknave

Wizard
Hmm. Didn't see it till I selected it. But I might have selected it before it could auto select? I wasn't exactly tracking it.

Hello, all!

I originally wrote a script that awards the badges automatically for when you complete it at 80% or higher. Naturally, as a marketing guy, it broke on me :frown:.

I am a bit behind but will spend some time over the next few days awarding that badge to all who get it. Once the badge is awarded, you will receive a notification and can equip it!

If anyone has any issues please feel free to reach out to me.