Dual lagg setup for switch failover

ali_v001

Dabbler
Hi I'm wonderijng how I would setup two lagg devices for failover so 4 nic's with 2 dual lagg's 'lagg0 and lagg1'

The idea is to create redundency if the switch ever fails, and allow clients to still connect to the storage if the 10g switch ever failed over 1g.
Ideally with the same name automatically. So on a windows client //STORAGE/mystorageshare mapped to the S:/ drive '//STORAGE/mystorageshare' being a truenas share. Is this advisable?

I have 1 dual 10g nic and 2 1g nics on the motherboard,
I would like to create a lagg0 for the 10g, and lagg0 for the 1g,

Freenas and all clients would be both connected to the 10g switch and 1g switch, using device priority on windows so the clients prioritise 10g if its available

jgreco

Resident Grinch
It's not acceptable in LACP to use different speed interfaces. However, with FreeBSD and LAGG, it is acceptable to create a lagg interface that uses the primary interface and fails over to the secondary (i.e. NOT an LACP configuration), where interfaces could theoretically be at different speeds. However, be aware that your switchgear learns layer 2 connectivity by ARP, and so it is totally possible that you end up with a situation where ingress traffic could be coming in via the secondary interface.