Disks not visible after "Reset to factory defaults"

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidrash

Dabbler
I did option 4) "Reset to factory defaults" at the terminal on one machine with 8.3.1 (I think it was .1?) and on a totally different machine with 9.1. In both cases my hard disks are no longer listed in Disk management afterwards. I can create a volume, and the disks are available for selection in the volume manager, but they do not show in the list on the disk management page (honestly it looks like the page *or tab* is fully loading).

Am I doing something wrong? is there another step after Factory Reset that I've missed?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
So did you consult the manual when you chose option 4?

skidrash

Dabbler
Agh, I said 4 when it should have been 8)Reset to factory defaults... Sorry, I was going by memory.

I did look through the manual... It says:
8) Reset to factory defaults: if you wish to delete all of the configuration changes made in the administrative GUI, select this option. Once the configuration is reset, the system will reboot. You will need to go to Storage → Volumes → Auto Import Volume to re-import your volume.
Which is fine, I would expect to have too re-import the Volumes. The issue I'm seeing is after Reset, there is nothing in "Storage → Volumes → View Disks". The View Disks tab just loads blank; no disks, no table, nothing.

D

dlavigne

Is this tab empty before or after you re-imported the disks?

skidrash

Dabbler
Upon fresh install of FreeNAS (to a thumb drive or HDD), the View Disks tab shows all six of my HDD's. I can select them and change power management settings, etc. After I do a "8)Reset to factory defaults", when I go to that same View Disks tab it is completely blank. Refresh, reboot, etc. it doesn't come back. Re-import the volume and the volume comes back, but the View Disks is still blank. Go to Volume manager and create new volume, I can select individule disks to add to the array, but returning to View Disks it is still blank. Like I said, this has happened to me twice now on two totally different machines, on 8.3.1 and 9.1.

D

dlavigne

Sounds like a bug. Later today when the bug tracker migration is finished, please create a bug report.

skidrash

Dabbler
Hmmm, well I'm ready to submit a bug report, but I'm a little ashamed to say I don't remember where to go to do that... I've done it before... Anybody point me in the direction?

Status
Not open for further replies.