Disk name does not match in "edit disk" popup

Status
Not open for further replies.

kryptoman

Dabbler
(Note I have recently upgraded motherboard+cpu and updated freenas from 8.03 32 bit to 8.03 64 bit. I did the standard export and autoimport for the upgrade, and a configuration save and restore).
After upgrading all worked well for about a week (with the exception of reports problem due to architecture change - see my previous post).
Now I have a volume showing up in degraded state. If I go to the "view disks" tab I see one of my 4 disks is showing up with nothing listed for the name and the serial listed as "unknown", but the "Identifier" is defined.
The other 3 disks have a name and serial listed.
Now if I click the "edit" button for any of the 4 disks, the name listed on this "view disks" tab does not match the name listed in the popup window.
Here is what I see in the view disks tab vs the edit popup:

ID Name Serial | Popup Name
---------------------------------------
1 Unknown ada0
2 ada2 Z2401V6a ada1
3 ada1 Z1F07AMR ada2
4 ada0 Z1E020F3 ada3

using "smartctl -i /dev/ada0" etc, I was able to determine that it is the popup windows that are displaying incorrect values.
Bug? or unfortunate consequence of upgrading hardware, architecture, and importing old config?

kryptoman

Dabbler
Small update:
the "unknown" disk is ok and my volume back up and healthy (after a shutdown and re-seating of all sata and power cables).
The mismatch for all disk names is still present however in the edit popups.

G

gcooper

Generally speaking, "unknown" means that the disk couldn't be identified or the database configuration is out of synch with reality. The former case makes sense based on the fact that the connector sounds like it was loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.