Crashplan forcing upgrade - then no longer works 3.6.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluonek

Dabbler
Also having the same issue, stopped backing up to Crashplan Central 3 days ago. Must be the same issue and haven't figured out the root issue either.

I was able to resolve the issue for myself.

1st - Apply the fix originally laid out in this thread (/usr/pbi/crashplan-amd64/share/crashplan/bin/run.conf)
2nd - Manually upgrade your local version of CrashPlan to v3.7

This allowed me to connect to the automatically upgraded CrashPlan. If you're using a "headless" setup your local install of CrashPlan was probably installed in a way that it will not automatically upgrade itself. The mismatch in versions seemed to have been causing the issue with connecting to the server after applying the fix to run.conf.

Raven9810

Dabbler
I was able to resolve the issue for myself.

1st - Apply the fix originally laid out in this thread (/usr/pbi/crashplan-amd64/share/crashplan/bin/run.conf)
2nd - Manually upgrade your local version of CrashPlan to v3.7

This allowed me to connect to the automatically upgraded CrashPlan. If you're using a "headless" setup your local install of CrashPlan was probably installed in a way that it will not automatically upgrade itself. The mismatch in versions seemed to have been causing the issue with connecting to the server after applying the fix to run.conf.

Thanks bluonek.

Mine is now working again too. Just like you, I had to install the new 3.7 client manually. I first uninstalled the old client and then ran the install for 3.7.
Version 3.7 was released on January 8th.

Slovak

Explorer
Mine stopped tonight. Followed the post and edited run.conf as the info I've entered back in October was missing. Restarted jail and all is back to working again. Version 3.7.0.

davester711

Cadet
Stopped a few days ago due to crashplan auto-update. Edited the run.conf file and just restarted the service, works now. Going to add to my boot cron script to have it copy over a working version the run.conf everytime. Already need to restart the service via cron on restart.

diskdiddler

Wizard
Mine was dead due to the auto-update on the FreeNAS server, I have added the run.conf changes but was still dead.
Upgraded Crashplan to 3.7 on my desktop, sadly the bloody thing has over-written the custom config file which points the desktop version off over to the headless server, so I'm having to now find and re-configure the file I originally adjusted.

EDIT: had to follow these instructions, she's running again.
https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/crashplan-tips-ui-conf-location-changed.25190/
24 days downtime, I should've read more of the emails - luckily I have other backups.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.