SOLVED Couchpotato doesen't link some movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZodiacUHD

Patron
Hello, i've been using CP for quite a while but right now i'm facing this issue and i don't know how to solve it: basically couchpotato downloads movies using transmission. It finds those movies in /media/downloads/movies and it's supposed to "link" to /media/movies. The problem is that it's working for some movie but not for others. And it appears (to someone like me) that it is random. Sometime it also "unlink" some of the movies that were link correctly.

Any idea?

(sorry if i'm in the wrong session, don't really know if this is FreeNas related or just CP)

Cheers

chrisada

Explorer
What does CP log says when it isn't able to link?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

ZodiacUHD

Patron
"12-22 10:28:42 INFO[tato.core.plugins.scanner] Found 2 movies in the folder /media/download/movies"

It has indeed found 2 movies. It adds those movies to the "manage page" but they don't show up in the actual folder. They remain in the download one.

Those are my settings:
https://imgur.com/a/KNBNz

Last edited:

chrisada

Explorer
I can't see anything wrong. Could you try enabling Debugging in CP's Settings -> General -> Advanced and observe the log again?

Could it also be that you need Unrar turned on in Renamer section?

With "link" option, the downloaded files should remain in /media/download/movies, with hard links or symlinks created in /media/movies. Or do you actually want the behavior of "move" option?

ZodiacUHD

Patron
That's exactly what i want. CP has to link to another folder, in particular that folder will be used by Plex and nothing else. Even with debugging everything seems to be normal. No weird message or anything...

ZodiacUHD

Patron
Quick update: as the movies come in the "download " folder, i noticed that CP is processing only the movies in an actual folder, not the standalone ones ( so to speak)

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Quick update: as the movies come in the "download " folder, i noticed that CP is processing only the movies in an actual folder, not the standalone ones ( so to speak)
I would ask about this on the CP forums. I know sometime torrents come as just a single mp4 file, but these should still be processed.

diskdiddler

Wizard
Personally I recommend switching to QBittorrent, I had transmission and eventually ditched it, QB is superior - a bit harder to get up and running but worth it.

ZodiacUHD

Patron
Personally I recommend switching to QBittorrent, I had transmission and eventually ditched it, QB is superior - a bit harder to get up and running but worth it.

Thanks for the tip, did you use any guide in particular?

ZodiacUHD

Patron
Ok, quick update: i set the file action to "move" and for a while it all went good. Now it seems CP is just trolling me, putting ignore file into folders etc. I might as well start all over or give up to the rename feature...

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Ok, quick update: i set the file action to "move" and for a while it all went good. Now it seems CP is just trolling me, putting ignore file into folders etc. I might as well start all over or give up to the rename feature...
not sure why this happens, but usually when CP can't identify the downloaded files. I think it usually adds their IMDB ID to the downloaded folder name. maybe CP+qbitorrent doesn't have this functionality and the movie file name isnt identifying enough?

I use to hit this issue occasionally with CP+transmission, but I don't think I've hit it for while. possibly because I use script post-processing (nzbToMedia) instead of periodic folder scanning.

ZodiacUHD

Patron
not sure why this happens, but usually when CP can't identify the downloaded files. I think it usually adds their IMDB ID to the downloaded folder name. maybe CP+qbitorrent doesn't have this functionality and the movie file name isnt identifying enough?

I use to hit this issue occasionally with CP+transmission, but I don't think I've hit it for while. possibly because I use script post-processing (nzbToMedia) instead of periodic folder scanning.

Thanks for the reply, it seems i solved the issue now. I use move for the files and like for the torrents. Movies are finally post-processed properly and i can keep seeding. For some reason CP was linking but deleting the file at the same time with the previous method. I tried looking on the CP forum but it felt pretty "dead" so i couldn't get the answers i was looking for. Anyway, thank you again for all the replies. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.