How does "Link" in CP renamer work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naesstrom

Contributor
Ok so I've been using CP together with Transmission and Plex and it's working like a dream but I have one small question.
I've set up CP to use the folder "Unsorted movies" as the download location and the renamer to move it to "Movies/YEAR" using the LINK option since I want to keep seeding them when they are done. How exactly does the link thing work? I'm guessing I don't have duplicate files atleast but if I delete them from the final destination they don't seem to disappear from the Unsorted folder... and that's getting pretty messy right now!
I see I have multiple versions of some in the Unsorted folder (God I hate the HD Cam releases that CP thinks is 720 quality) but I'm not sure what I can delete from that one without messing up my library!

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
this is a CP question that should be asked on the couchpotato forums.

the behavior your describing sounds like a hardlink. this is the most efficient method, but files must reside on the same partition (dataset in ZFS's case). the filesystem has the files content in a single place but multiple pointers to it. deleting the file somewhere deletes the pointer only until there are no pointers left. it sounds like you might want a symlink or something that can cleanup files you are seeding.

nzbToMedia might give you these options. either way your answers are at CPs forums or on github, not here.

Status
Not open for further replies.