How do I set a folder to allow me to always access the contents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SevenOut

Dabbler
I'm an extreme FreeNas noob, and I've been dealing with an issue since I built my freenas a few months ago. I probably don't have this set up right, but it works, so I haven't screwed with it. Sabnzbd and Sickbeard work nicely within the freenas (although I haven't been able to get CP, HP, and Maraschino to work, but that's another story :) )

My main problem is, because I don't have CP set up right, i download all my movies manually with Sabnzbd. Which is fine, but every time I want to work with the newly downloaded movie, I have to reset permissions to be able to access the folder. My freenas folders are set up this way. Freenas - Windows - jail - plugins - SABNZBD - in my sab folder i have a "complete" and "incomplete folder. So when the movies are complete they end up in that folder but I can't open them until I go to my freenas GUI - Volumes - /mnt/Volume1/jail and than click "change permissions" and then I check "set permission recursively" and click the change button. After that, I can work with the contents of the folder.

There has to be a way to have this folder set so that I can always work with the contents right?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me correct this.

SevenOut

Dabbler
I posted this in the FreeNAS 4 Noobs section several days ago. For some reason it was moved to this section immediately. The thread has received 36 views but not one reply. I have to believe it would have gotten some response if it was left were it was originally created. =(

Caesar

Contributor
sab.png

I think all you need to do is change that field to 0777. I assume you don't care about security?

SevenOut

Dabbler
Thank You Caesar! I have changed it, will test it out tonight after work. You are right in that I don't care about security, I am the only person working with this setup.

I did get an error from SAB when I restarted it after the change....

2013-05-14 09:08:57,665 ERROR: Cannot change permissions of /SABNZBD/Incomplete

If I can get into the Completed folder now, this will be great.

As far as the incomplete folder, when something fails, I do try and get in there to try and do a manual repair or add files that were missing that I sometimes can find from binsearch.

Thanks You for helping!

SevenOut

Dabbler
Awesome! Thanks Caesar, once again you are a great help! It will be so nice to just be able to pull movies out of my completed folder from now on ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.