SOLVED jails to pool to share permissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahren

Cadet
I have bin searching the web fore quite some time and I have never bin able to get the answer I have bin looking fore.
My set-up is I have a pool named RAID and a sub filer called "Media" in that folder I have a couple of files "Movies", "TV_Shows", "Music" etc . My "Media" folder is shared using CIFS where I have a user to access it on the network.
All that has worked fine but a time ago I tried to install some jails, couchpotato, sickbeard, headphones and transmission. Within the jails I have tried to join some of my shared folders with some located inside. New movies I want to go inside the Movies folder in the CIFS share after transmission is done with them and couchpotato is done renaming them. But after couchpotato has found a movie and loaded it into transmission I directly get permission denied because the share folder has the wrong user and group. Changing group on the jail folder changes the group on the shared Movies folder, but for couchpotato to access the done movies and rename them it needs access to the folder where transmission put the and that's where the problem appears.

How do I let all my jails communicate amongst themselves without affecting the shares while at the same time the files will show up in my shares not only when they are done but also before they are renamed and so on.

I have tried creating new users and groups matching the jails adding them to the root user and group but still I get error..
How should I set it up so no problems will occur between all the jails with my RAID volume and my shares?

Wahren

Cadet
I looked at it from another perspective and noticed I was trying to lock the jails from each other while at the same time was tying to let them have access to each other.
I started over and my problem is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.