Consultation with iXsystems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a consultation scheduled soon with an iXsystems sales rep but here I wanted to put out the following message I sent them to here more recommendations on what I'm trying to achieve. Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide this FreeNAS newbie :)

"Request to iXsystems

I provide computer and network support to a few customers in the Los Angeles area. One of them is running out of storage on their server.

They have a rack mounted Dell PowerEdge R510 running the following:

Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard

Intel Xeon E5620 2.40 GHz dual processors

32GB of RAM

SSD+SAS Mixed Drives

2 x Seagate Cheetah 15K.7 600GB SAS 6 Gb/s (RAID 5) Server Hard Drives

2 x Dell 2.5" SATA SSD 100GB Enterprise 15mm (RAID 1) Server Hard Drives

PERC6i Controller, x12 Chassis.

4 x gig network cards (2 Intel, 2 Broadcom)

25 computes on the network are Windows 7 pro connected via gigabit LAN.

This biggest storage and performance hog is Quickbooks Enterprise 2015. Their company file currently sits at over 3GB in size (that is after compressing and lots of cleanup) before it was close to 6GB.

Daily backups of the company files is 3GB and the backups take close to 1 hour each night to completely.

What I am looking to do is add to the server one SFP+ Dual Port 10 Gigabit Adapter like one in this link:

http://goo.gl/fwgpJQ

Then with either your FreeNAS Mini or FreeNAS Certified product (with 12GB of storage) connect to our server via the 10G connection.

Unless FreeNAS allow for virtualization I was thinking to Hyper V a Windows 7/10 for the Quickbooks Enterprise software and have the snapshot saved on the NAS. Then have all 25 users connect to it.

Do you think this setup would help us have faster access and saving of the Quickbooks backup files? If so please email me a quote for the FreeNAS device that you recommend.

Also any benefits for me to sign up for your reseller/partner program for this purchase?"

Status
Not open for further replies.