Virtualbox/Quickbooks data file sharing/permissions issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichTJ99

Patron
Hi,

I am running Window 7 64 bit in a virtualbox running on the freenas server. I installed quickbooks on it & made a share to the CSG directory. The CSG directory has permissions to the CSG group (megan & rich are in the group). The permissions are full access for the group and everyone.

The win764 virtualbox PC cant consistently open the file - i am getting permissions errors.

I am not having an issue opening the file with my local windows desktop using the rich user, the user megan (on the vm) is not working all the time - seems to be hit or miss.

Should I need to give the virtualbox jail access to the csg folder? The share is not a problem on the virtualbox pc, quickbooks opening the data is the hit or miss item.

Thanks,
Rich

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about
Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't this be due to QuickBooks somehow preventing "Double Entry"? If I recall correctly, a lot of SMBs have asked for a way to share one instance of accounting software in efforts to avoid additional licensing costs.

Have you verified that if the issue occurs for "Megan", when no one else is using QuickBooks or accessing the file?
You can always test to see if the same issue is there if "Megan" is accessing from a different machine and you are trying from the VM.

RichTJ99

Patron
Hi - So when i tried the same exact setup on a dedicated ESXi machine with a windows 7 vm it worked no problem. I suspect it has to do with virtualbox. The QB data file works perfectly with all other machines, just the virtualbox VM is the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.