CIFS Share - Windows 7 "Couldnt not connec to all network drives"

Status
Not open for further replies.

cra1g321

Dabbler
----SOLVED----

With my new FreeNAS box, i want to have my accounts setup so that "cra1g321" (my account) can read and write files to the freenas box and the "user" account can only read files.

So i put my the "cra1g321" into the wheel account and just the "user" account into its own group "user" then i configured the permissions of the volume like so -

I am able login with both account and the permissions seem to work, e.g. cra1g321 account can delete files but user account cannot.

So i have the freenas box setup in windows 7 as a network drive Z:
i enter in the login details for user, then i check the boxes beside 'reconnect at login' and remember my login details'

I then rebooted the machine, but as soon as i login i get a message saying that windows couldnt connect to all network drives, to access the drive Z: i have to go into my computer then enter my password again.

This only happens for the "user" account and not for the cra1g321 account. In the permissions for the volume, if i give 'Other' write permissions then windows can connect automatically to the freenas drive, but i dont want the "user" account to be able to have write permissions :(

So how can i setup so windows 7 auto connects the freenas during login without giving the "user" account write permissions ??

**I've disabled all firewalls on windows 7 and enabled NFS client setting too under Control Panel

cra1g321

Dabbler
Never mind guys, got it working the way i wanted it too.

I went into the settings of the CIFS share and setup the guest account to be the "user" account and also enabled guest access.

Now im able to login with user's login details and then reboot windows 7 and it will auto connect to the drive during login :)

User's is only able to read the files but not add or delete files on the drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.