Change from FreeNAS to TrueNAS Scale and other questions

.Aeto

Cadet
Hello,
I have a system (specs at the end) that I built around 2014 and it has been running fine since.
But I recently wanted to use it for some other stuff, and so a few questions came up.
I've been running a few Docker applications and an apache server for piwigo in a VM through Ubuntu Server however, I think I would rather run TrueNAS Scale, and run those programs natively.
1. How easy is it for me to change the OS? It would be relatively difficult for me to back up the data, as it's 6 drives with 2 TB each. Can I export a sort of config file that saves pool info and en/decryption key? how would I best go about this? somehow I doubt it's as easy as unplugging Bootdrives, making a new bootable drive, plugging back in, and done.
2. How well would TrueNAS Scale run on my system? It's not super powerful, I I don't think this should be an issue. But just to be safe I would want the extra insurance.
3. Is it possible to change my type of raidz? Back when I set this system up I was a bit paranoid, as I just had two drives fail on me within a matter of months. That was also why I built the system in the first place. So the system uses a RAIDZ2-0 (two redundant drives) pool on 6 disks. But since then none of my drives have failed and I think I would rather have the extra space. Can I still change this system to a RAIDZ (one redundant drive) system? Or would I somehow have to save all of the data, create a new pool with RAIDZ and then add it back?
4. I was also considering buying new Disks. Can I just unplug one after another and wait for the system to rebuild itself and the pool will end up bigger?

I hope my questions weren't too unsorted,
Thank you

Aaron

System:
CPU: Intel Atom C2550 4 Cores @ 2.41GHz SoC
MoBo: (Some SoC maybe the ASRock C2550D4I, not sure anymore)
RAM: 4 * 4 GB DDR3 16384 MB total
Storage: 6 Generic 2 TB Hard Disks.
Boot: on 2 Intensio 16 GB USB Sticks (I'm aware that you shouldn't boot from USB Sticks, but since they were two I thought eh, additionally I think I was out of SATA ports)

danb35

Hall of Famer
Can I still change this system to a RAIDZ (one redundant drive) system?
No.
Or would I somehow have to save all of the data, create a new pool with RAIDZ and then add it back?
That's it. Though we generally recommend against RAIDZ.
Can I just unplug one after another and wait for the system to rebuild itself and the pool will end up bigger?
Assuming you're going through the disk replacement process in the GUI, yes.

.Aeto

Cadet
No.

That's it. Though we generally recommend against RAIDZ.

Assuming you're going through the disk replacement process in the GUI, yes.
Thank you for the answer,
that's a shame with the raid pool.
What about question 1?