Migrating from TrueNas Core to Scale

alex.8913

Cadet
Hi there, I am new around here I am looking at migrating my system from core to scale but have a few questions before I update.

Is there a certain step I need to follow to be able to keep all of my VM's, Pools and jails? In a homelab environment i am wanting to run dockers instead of vms but I know that scale requires two bootable drives. Would two bootable drives be overkill. I have read on some other threads that its overkill and unnecessary. Finally, my main boot drive for truenas is on its last leg and needs to be replace in the near future instead of having to reconfigure truenas would I be able to download a config file and upload it to the new system or would there be some compatibility issues

Thank you in advance.

LarsR

Guru
VM's and pools will migrate - haven't done it myself but i saw some posts that said their vm's migrated just fine from bhyve to kvm.
Jails on the other hand are a freebsd thing and therefore won't migrate. You'd need to save your configs and databases, recreate your jails using the launch docker button, truecharts apps or the official iX or iX community apps and then restore your configs from your backup.