Can't start Plex Plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

djdwosk97

Patron
I installed the Plex plugin on my server but when I try to go start it it doesn't start. What could be the reason that it fails to start.

Allan Wilmath

Explorer
I installed the Plex plugin on my server but when I try to go start it it doesn't start. What could be the reason that it fails to start.

If you don't configure the networking properly then you won't be able to start the service. The settings can be found under the jails section on the left panel. Then selecting edit for that jail. If it doesn't show under plugins on the left panel. then you probably don't have connectivity. You will need that to configure Plex anyway.

djdwosk97

Patron
If you don't configure the networking properly then you won't be able to start the service. The settings can be found under the jails section on the left panel. Then selecting edit for that jail. If it doesn't show under plugins on the left panel. then you probably don't have connectivity. You will need that to configure Plex anyway.
So I managed to get the plugin to start by disabling 'vimage', but now when I try to add storage the contents don't show up on the plex site. If I navigate to the /mnt/drive/jails/plex.../media/videos I can see the correct contents, but when I go to Plex and try to add media I add /media/videos but the folder appears to be empty.

Allan Wilmath

Explorer
So I managed to get the plugin to start by disabling 'vimage', but now when I try to add storage the contents don't show up on the plex site. If I navigate to the /mnt/drive/jails/plex.../media/videos I can see the correct contents, but when I go to Plex and try to add media I add /media/videos but the folder appears to be empty.

I would check the file permissions for the folder you are trying to share. You could set them as root ownership which should work, but defining the permission for everybody would be better. There are 3 sets for Unix: Owner, group, everybody else. Should work fine as long as all three have read and execute permissions. Execute permission on a folder allows the viewing of the folder.

djdwosk97

Patron
I would check the file permissions for the folder you are trying to share. You could set them as root ownership which should work, but defining the permission for everybody would be better. There are 3 sets for Unix: Owner, group, everybody else. Should work fine as long as all three have read and execute permissions. Execute permission on a folder allows the viewing of the folder.
Ah, that was it. Other didn't have execute permissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.