Can't enable jails after reboot 9.10.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I tried googling my answer, and some said it was related to encryption, but my drives are not encrypted so the jails should be able to auto reload to my limited understanding. When setting it up I followed this guide here:
https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...ssion-and-couchpotato-as-a-dlna-server.17165/

My goal was to just create a FreeNAS server to host my plex media server from. So after a few hours I had more or less everything working, I was able to access all the plugins I needed externally, things were auto DLing and copying over but when I was adding a password to headphones I put the external IP address in and it wouldn't turn back on after the service shut off. A few hours later after my data transfer finished and I tried restarting the whole server. When I restarted the server now none of my previously installed plugins will boot. When I try to enable a service it says "Some error occured" and just won't turn on. At the end, I would like to to be able to reboot and auto enable these jails since I do not plan on keeping this server somewhere I can easily access it, so I want to get it configured than be more or less hands off.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dlavigne

Were you able to resolve this? If not, post your hardware specs as well as your FreeNAS build version (from System -> Information).

System Information
Hostname freenas.192.168.1.1 Edit
Build FreeNAS-9.10.2-U3 (e1497f269)
Platform Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1225 v5 @ 3.30GHz
Memory 32520MB
System Time Mon May 08 13:15:51 EDT 2017
Uptime 1:15PM up 6 mins, 0 users
Load Average 0.25, 0.31, 0.17

4x 10TB seagate ironwolfs and running the OS on a toshiba 128GB SSD if that matters.

I had a friend helping me yesterday, I deleted all the jails and jail info and am trying to reinstall everything now. The GUI got really sluggish and when I would go to delete the plugins it would be a huge pain and take about 45 seconds to delete each one. Currently I have Plex reinstalled and rebooted it a few times and everything seems fine and I'm going to slowly start adding plugins and testing between each plugin in order to isolate what may have caused the problem.

elforesto

Dabbler
May not be directly helpful, but I've moved away from plugins to doing the installs myself in jails of my own creation. Too many of the plugins are poorly maintained and prone to errors. Usually it's as simple as spinning up a new jail, mounting storage, and installing the needed package using the pkg command.

May not be directly helpful, but I've moved away from plugins to doing the installs myself in jails of my own creation. Too many of the plugins are poorly maintained and prone to errors. Usually it's as simple as spinning up a new jail, mounting storage, and installing the needed package using the pkg command.
That might be worth considering. I'm pretty new to freenas overall so I'm slightly intimidated lol. But its nothing some good guides can't help me through.

So far I've installed Plex, Transmission, Coachpotato and was able to restart and toggle them all with no issues multiple times. So I think everything might be good with that now.

Rather than make a new thread I guess ill ask some stupid questions. So when I FTP in my directory where stuff is kept is /mnt/media/movies or /mnt/media/downloads ,etc. When I'm setting automation in something like Coachpotato do I set it to /mnt/media/downloads or just to /media/downloads? Is the /mnt/ implied by the storage being mounted?

Currently with CoachPotato things download but I can't get them to automatically copy to the new location. I've set the permissions in CP at 0777 and it can download files so it must have access I just can't figure out why it won't do the copy.

elforesto

Dabbler
You should be mounting your storage in jails through the GUI. It'll behave exactly like a local drive. Make sure the group has write permissions to the directories, that the service users in the jail are a member of that group, and that the GID is the same between the jail and the host.

Yeah I have the storage mounted correctly, but you need to tell the plugin itself where to save/move data and in that case I've just been putting my download location as /media/downloads/ instead of /mnt/media/downloads/

Edit: Yeah I'm an idiot, I didn't have the storage mounted for CP which is why it couldn't copy, everything is working now though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.