Can't select destination when adding storage to jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobbyg387

Dabbler
I'm trying to setup my storage for the jails that have automatically created when the plugin was downloaded. When I try to add the storage for this jail 9transmission), I get this error.

Destination must begin with an alphanumeric character and may only contain "-", "_", ":", " ", and ".".

What do I have to do here to get around this? I'm following the instructions from here:
https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...ssion-and-couchpotato-as-a-dlna-server.17165/

Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• jailstorageerror.jpg
    jailstorageerror.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 217

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
what's the full path to your jail?
this would be a great bug report

Bobbyg387

Dabbler
I think I may have solved it simply by upgrading my software. I had grabbed the latest night build, but not the latest Stable. I'm not sure that would have fixed it, but I think it did. I did read something about 9.3 fixing this issue that some were having.

Also, Josh, I just want to say thank you for your dedication to helping others. I have been using your guide and it has helped tremendously (Even though I'm on day 5 without being able to download anything)

I did attach the path. Is this how it should look?

edit- I just noticed my plugins are all gone now :( did the upgrade wipe them out?

Attachments

• jailpath.jpg
    jailpath.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
great, glad it's working.

what guide, you mean my blog? if you have any issues with it just comment on it and I can help out by email.

powernode

Dabbler
Hi,

Got the same issue, I am on the nighlties 9.3 train and just made the updates without success. Some recent updates must have broken this since it has always be working for me with any type of jails, not necessarily plugins.

Anyone with the same problem?

BR

Bobbyg387

Dabbler
I just ran the most recent update as well and got an email stating there was an error. I logged in and went into update and it says that it's up to date. Very odd...

mrMuppet

Contributor
I've got the same problem, but i am on STABLE.
i can't add any storage to my jails when i enter a destination directory that has to be created. Even when i create one with WinSCP i can't use that one. An existing folder like /mnt/ can be used without any error.

powernode

Dabbler
It has been fixed, just grab the last update. If it doesn't work you might consider switching to the nightlies train.

BR

Status
Not open for further replies.